Chapter 46 // The call

Leah woke up with a smile and a small sigh hanging from her lips. She felt warm and cozy while lying in a cloud that matched her dreams. She couldn't remember the last time she felt so well-rested or comfortable in her own skin, but she instantly knew why. A deep breath made her lips curve further, the pillow smelled of him, did she steal his pillow?

She stretched lazily, trying to find his sleepy form to cuddle up to him, but the bed was empty. The morning light made it hard to open her eyes, but despite her tearing up she did and indeed, she was alone.

She pulled the sheet up to cover her chest and propped up on her elbows to scan the room. It was empty, Namjoon's bed was empty and the bathroom door was open, seemingly empty too.

She looked to her side again and sighed. She had expected to wake up by his side, to feel his embrace, maybe his kiss, to know that everything that happened the night before would carry out to this new day, so she couldn't help feeling the prickle of discouragement. But then she took a deep breath and got up to take a shower. Maybe he had gone with Namjoon somewhere and it couldn't be helped. It was the consequence of not having their own room and privacy. Whatever the case, she didn't feel shaken up or abandoned, quite the contrary.

That calmness was a refreshing emotion in her chest, she thought. For the past thirty-six hours, she had been unbalanced and unsure of everything, including herself. She now felt peaceful and her mind was clear. Her actions still had implications, but she was willing to live through them. To come out stronger, like he said.

When she stepped out of the bathroom, she stumbled upon two stirring men: Jungkook was complaining about something while working fast by the kitchen counter, and Namjoon was setting the table. He saw her first and waved his arms in the air not too vehemently.

"Leah! You're here! We thought you'd take longer," he added with a skewed smile while walking towards her and grabbing her by her arms.

She was super confused and tried to eye Jungkook, who kept his back turned. "I don't take that long to get ready..." she tried, sniffing the air. Something was off.

Namjoon dragged her towards the exit, "Just come here for a second..."

They exited the hut and he closed the door behind him with a playful smile. She raised her eyebrows with a confused smile, then scoffed at his 'ouf, almost got caught' expression.

"What's the matter with you?" She laughed, leaning against the balcony's wooden rail to appease him.

He grinned and got to her side, grabbing the rail, "Nothing. I feel like today is going to be a good day."

She raised her eyebrows, "Really? Did something good happen last night? Did you meet someone interesting?"

His cheeks gained a little color, "No." She bumped him amicably with her elbow, smiling teasingly. "No, they were all nice ladies, that's it."

She laughed, "Did you run to Ella again?"

"No," he raised his chin, but then smiled, letting his embarrassment flush through his body. "I actually danced a bit, it was fun."

Leah was genuinely happy for him, so she stopped poking fun. She glanced at the village, at the few houses that could be seen from their front porch. The village was quiet that morning, still recovering from the night before.

"What about you?" He finally asked with a gentle expression. She turned to look at him. "You and Jungkook left the party earlier."

He didn't seem to be trying to joke or tease around, his tone was soft and gentle. It was probably out of genuine concern that he was asking and her cheeks immediately threatened to blush with the memories.