The Dark Side

[Narrator POV]

At the very center of the arena, there stood an extremely tall pile of corpses. Human corpses. Looking closer, none of the bodies were complete. Some had their heads missing, some were chopped, but the most disgusting one, and the most common one, were the bodies that were squashed into pancakes. Accompanying the huge amount of corpses, was an equally immense amount of blood. Dark, red blood that had coagulated and accumulated into becoming a shallow lake. Yet, that was nothing in front of .. in front of that. For right in front of the mountain of corpses, there knelt a young boy on his knees. He seemed like a demon that had emerged from hell, covered completely in blood, and seemingly unaffected by what was around him. He knelt there, disturbed neither by the smell nor the sight of what was around him. The boy was staring straight ahead, at something in front of him. However, that was not what caused the reaction that all the men who saw it had, instead it was the fact that instead of a pair of normal eyes, this child had none. Instead, his orbits were just empty, black holes. They were a shade of black so dark, it would seem you were staring straight into the depths of hell. The boy paid barely any attention to the men who were fainting at the sight of him, and never moved his 'eyes' off of what he was staring at.

Eventually, as more and more men started to faint at the sight of him, he slowly raised his head, and looked at the sight in front of him, a bunch of middle aged men bending down on their knees and either vomiting their guts out or lying on the ground, no longer conscious. Slowly, he stood up and slowly walked forward, towards the soldiers lying on the ground. As he did, a few of the still conscious soldiers noticed this, and started to immediately back away from him. Included among them was Hriday, who had gained consciousness just a few moments ago.

"N-n-n-no, don't, don't come here you m-m-m-monster, stay, stay away from us," he said, while constantly trying to push himself backwards, as far away from the child as possible. And yet, no matter what he said or did, the child didn't stop. He kept walking, and walking forward, until he was right in front of Hriday, yet just as he had prepared himself for death with closed eyes and a bated breath, nothing happened. After waiting for a while, he opened his eyes again and looked around to realize that the child had long passed him and was making his way to the entrance of the gym, where Hriday could only assume the rest of the company was.

[Alaukik POV]

Looking at what could only be a group of soldiers fainted in front of me, once again I was left wondering how I actually reached this point. The last thing I remembered was fainting due to my power going out of my control.. again. I then remember waking up, only to see Devendra lying in my arms, as life slowly slipped from his grasp. At that time, all I could feel was an immense pain raging through my heart, with my powers once again threatening to lose control. And honestly, I have no idea what had happened later, except I once again lost consciousness, and then woke up inside the gravity arena, the one place I didn't want to come back again to. In front of me lay Devendra, lying on the bloody ground with no sign of life in him. And yet this time, I didn't feel a thing. I had once again lost my emotions, but for once, I was thankful for it. I had no idea what would have happened if I had to suffer through that heart-wrenching pain again.

As I knelt there, in front of Devendra, I used Domain, and saw what lay behind me. And yet, once again, I didn't feel a thing. Even though just a slight gaze at the pile behind me should have sent me into madness again, this time I had no reaction to the blood and gore around me. Suddenly, I felt a burst of psions coming from somewhere, heading straight for me. Too slow to react to them, I just felt them pass through me and then go inside Devendra. Noticing this, I focused my attention back towards Devendra, and suddenly, I noticed something. Devendra... wasn't moving. And while it might seem like a dumb point to notice, considering he was dead, what I meant was, his time wasn't moving. How could I sense this? Well, apart from the fact that I could manipulate time a bit, I could sense around him a barrier made out of psions..my psions, which made it possible for time to no longer flow around him. And while this news should have made me happy, all that I could think of were various questions regarding this situation, for example, where were these psions coming from? Who did all of this? And the most important of all, how do I get out of this mess?

Slowly, time passed as I pondered upon these questions. But suddenly, the door to the arena opened. And as it did, I saw in front of me a man with a military-like haircut collapse at the sight of what was inside. Slowly, from behind him, came many others, with not one of them being able to take in the horror behind me. And while I didn't care much about them, when I saw the one person who came towards the end, my interest was immediately piqued and so I slowly stood up, and started to walk towards him.

As I neared the entrance of the gym, I saw many other people, who at this point I was sure were soldiers, standing just outside the gym, not daring to enter inside. However, they were not my target. My target was the man lying at the very end, or I guess at the very beginning? Of the soldiers, Uday Devan. A leading part of the RC, and someone who would turn out to be very crucial in my plans to get out of this mess. As I walked towards him, the soldiers outside the gym noticed me and started to whisper amongst themselves, wondering who I was and what I was doing here, while others were more direct, pointing their guns directly at me and shouting

"Who are you? Why are you here?"

To which the only reply I could give was

"I have no idea either guys, but I have some important things to do right now, so if you would kindly excuse me," after which I immediately touched Uday and teleported back inside the arena. Standing back in the middle of the arena, I looked in front of me, gazing at the floating Uday Devan, I slowly patted his cheek and woke him up. As he opened his eyes and looked at my cute face,

"Good morning Mr. Devan! We have a lot to talk about today!" I said with an innocent smile on my face, only to see him faint once again.