Chapter 74: Outing and Combat Class

Laying his head on the desk, Alaukik decided to ignore his fellow classmates once again. Of course, he didn't mind the extra wink or two he got, considering he didn't sleep much last night.

'Ugh, this is going to be impossible. I can't go around searching the entire north east of this continent. Simply searching a 100 km around this town took me an entire night, and I didn't even check deep underground. What if the twins' base is deep underground like Jamshed's?'

'You could if you simply decided to embrace our full potential.'

Clutching his head and wincing, Alaukik decided to stop thinking now and simply rest for now. He can think of a solution later today; for now he needs to sleep.

At the same time, Divya was also noticing Alaukik's slight movements. Looking at him holding his head, she knew that his condition was getting worse and worse. Unconsciously biting the inside of her cheeks, Divya was slowly beginning to worry about Alaukik and his well-being.

'He came back home at 4 in the morning, and even then didn't sleep,' she thought, remembering waking up at that time when she heard the door open.

'And even after coming back, he didn't sleep. Instead, he was listening to the report that he asked Asha to send...'

Stretching her arm a bit towards Alaukik, Divya debated whether to ask Alaukik about what he did last night, but then she immediately pulled her hand back, knowing that Alaukik wouldn't like her asking about his business.

Suddenly, she heard a voice say her name,

"Devya! Good morning!"

Turning her head towards the voice, Divya had an weird expression on her face. Looking at Lisa who was quickly making her way towards her seat, Divya took a deep breath and said,

"My name is Divya."

Coming to a sudden halt in front of Divya, Lisa slowly started turning red. Opening and closing her mouth a few times, she finally said

"Devya?"

"Di."

"Ddi?"

Shaking her head, Divya gave a chuckle and continued,

"Di."

"Ddi."

"Forget it. How was your day?"

"Honestly it was great! I went home and did some basic training (caught some criminals), read some books (caught up on international news), talked to my friends (contacted my boss) and then slept. You know, the usual."

"What about you? What did you do yesterday?" asked Lisa as she sat down.

With an awkward smile on her face, Divya started to fumble around with her hands and said,

"Uh... after reaching back home, me and him called our ... aunty. After that I directly went to sleep,"

'Or at least that's what I tried to do. But the thought that I have to come back here the next day made me so stressed that I couldn't get a wink of sleep either.'

Lisa, pretending not to notice her pauses and fumbling, simply nodded and said

"Hmm, if you're free this weekend, then why don't we make a plan to roam around the city? We'll explore the area around us. What do you think?"

"This weekend ... today is Tuesday, meaning 4 days later?"

Taking a quick peek at Alaukik, Divya, who was thinking of whether to agree or not, suddenly saw Ms. A enter the class. Quickly turning to Lisa, she said,