Each with their own thoughts

Walking along the side of a road, Alaukik looked around him:

'Well, at least the infrastructure here received an upgrade,' he thought, looking at the six laned roads that had footpaths and zebra crossings.

'And it seems the people are also properly following them,' he noticed, looking at the pedestrians standing on one side of the zebra crossing, waiting for it to turn green.

Shaking his head, he continued to walk forward, with no proper destination in his mind.

'Did I go too far? I didn't mean to burst out... Do you think she misunderstood what I was trying to say? But I didn't say anything wrong did I - no! I did. I just spoke whatever came to my mind...Heck, I just quoted Pain in the middle of that edgelord speech!' he exclaimed, as he tried not to cringe thinking back on what he said.

'Although I have to say, it was quite cool ... Anyways, let's forget that for now. I have to think of some way to get close to Divya. I believe Asha said that she was traumatised? And I can see why she could, considering how her father was, and then how she was tortured by that Jason wannabe, and then how most of the Blanche members were horrible to her. Heck, if I remember correctly, even the children who were brought with her turned their backs on her when they were threatened, didn't they? Although you couldn't really blame them for choosing themselves over some random stranger. So the question is now, how do I bring her to my side?'

And while Alaukik was once again back to square one, inside the house, Asha was similarly in deep thought.

'I didn't realise that he had been bottling up so much inside of him... I should've had more tact when approaching this topic,' she thought, as she sighed at her own foolishness.

'But it seems that his second personality has affected him quite a bit, considering how much he has changed. We really will have to find a solution for this, but ... I don't want to force or pressure that poor girl to do this, which wouldn't be safe anyways.'

/Deep exhale/

'Everything has gotten much more complicated...'

And as Asha was also in deep thought, upstairs, Divya had returned back to her room, and was now laying on the bed. Looking up at the ceiling, she slowly closed her eyes, her consciousness falling deep into the depths of her mind.

Opening her eyes, she woke up on a king sized white bed. With white walls all around her, a table and chair in front of the bed and a four-panel window with light streaming in, Divya got up and leaned on the bedpost. Looking around, she said,

"My mind is still the safest place."

And as she relaxed her posture,

"What should I do now? It was unexpected, but I was able to escape from Blanche successfully. And while I am grateful to that boy, in the end, even he just wants to use me for my powers..." she said. Placing her hand on her chin, she continued,

"Although, one thing he said was true, and will remain true. Only the strong get to choose, while the weak have to obey the strong. And that's what I am right now, a weak, useless human who has no way to resist anything," she stated, her expression becoming one of self hate again.