Fight

The next day, at 7am.

Walking into the gravity arena, even though he had thought he would never come back here again, Alaukik did not feel much except that he wanted to get this over with and go back to his room to develop and figure out more of his powers.

From the speakers set around the arena, came Arvind's voice.

"Good morning Alaukik. Today marks the beginning of your training regimen. Today you will be fighting prisoner number 100, who was imprisoned for the crime of arson, murder and destruction of public property. Now, whenever you're ready, give me a thumbs up, and I'll release her."

Hearing this, Alaukik immediately raised his right thumb high up and then got into a protective stance, with his fists in front of his body, waiting for the prisoner to be released.

*Whoosh*

With the doors on the other side of Alaukik opening, in came a tall and fair lady, walking with a grace that belied the fact that she was anything close to a criminal, much more a murderer with her hands filled with blood. Stepping into the arena, she took a deep breath

"Aaah, the breath of freedom," she said, finally looking towards Alaukik.

'Huh? A child? Am I supposed to believe that my opponent is this child? Meaning, if I kill this child, I will be set free and all my charges will be dropped? Ha! This is going to be eas-'

Before she could even complete her thought, she saw Alaukik kick the ground and vanish from her sight. The very next second, she felt a huge amount of force on her cheek, so much so that she went flying towards the boundary wall and crashed into it horribly.

*boom*

Sliding down the wall, with her mouth full of blood and scratches all over her body, she thought,

'How can he be so fast? I didn't even see him come to me! And this strength! Thankfully, I was able to nullify most of the damage from hitting the wall with a barrier, however, the shock still injured my internal organs a bit... I guess I will have to go all out if I want to kill this child.'

Meanwhile, Alaukik could be seen standing in place, looking at his fist in surprise,

'I've become this strong? But, how come I never noticed? I mean, I know I've grown stronger, but this much? Damn! I guess that torture really was good for me... although I would never go through it again,'

While thinking to himself, he noticed the lady get up and begin to walk towards him. While doing so, a CAD in her hand lit up with an activation sequence and the next second, she pointed her hands towards Alaukik, while he just watched her do it. Immediately, four fireballs were created right on top of Alaukik, and fell down on him in an instant. Alaukik dodged them with ease, but the moment he stopped, four more fireballs were created around him, and this time, they didn't miss. They hit him straight on his body, and started to burn him, or atleast, that's what it seemed like.

In reality, Alaukik always placed a layer of space between his body and the outside world, to make sure that even if he was attacked, he would not receive any damage. Of course, this was not invincible, the shield could only take as much damage as he could supply psions, so if Alaukik wasn't able to supply enough psions to keep up the shield, it would crumble. Meaning, if the attack couldn't one-hit kill him, it would have no effect on the shield. Alaukik figured this out during his training with the instructor, as a way for him to get hurt less, even though the instructor was able to break through it on several occasions.

While it seemed like he was being burned by the fireballs, Alaukik once again kicked against the ground, and lunged towards the lady.

But this time, the lady was prepared for him. She realized from their first encounter that while he had immense speed, he did not have good control over his psions, meaning that his body constantly emitted psions that could be sensed by any magician. This meant that she could sense where he was coming from even if she couldn't see him.