Mission(2)

In the National Parliament in Kabul, in the Military General's cabin

Sitting in his chair. Hriday was going over some documents regarding the recent expenses of the military. While it wasn't necessary for him to do it, he still liked to check everything and make sure that there was nothing corrupt happening in his army. In fact, he was the reason that the Federations army was mostly free of corrupt soldiers.

" And yet, no matter how strict 'The Unbending Steel' is, even he can't completely squash out corruption huh.. No matter how many I remove, an equal amount pops out. And each time, they become more and more sneaky, making it harder to catch them..."

"Maybe you should start with your brother."

"My brother? But I couldn't do that, I mean, he is my bro-Wait a secon- !"

And as soon as Hriday's mind figured out that the voice he heard wasn't his, he whipped his head towards where it came from only to see a child standing there, clearly in a very foul mood. About 1.3 metres tall, with a blindfold around his eyes and curly black hair, he looked just like

"Alaukik?! When did you co-nevermind that. Why are you here?"

Listening to his question, Alaukik's frown deepened as he replied,

"Came to pay a visit to your dear brother. Then remembered that I have stuff to talk to you about too. What the hell was that letter you sent me about? 'The rebellion has started?' What do I do with that information?"

"Um, right, one second. A letter I sent you..." Hriday replied, trying to ignore the first part of Alaukik's sentence. "When?"

"A few hours ago? Through the device I made you? I was able to sense the fluctuations in space, and the way the letter was written was how you write it, so I assumed it was you, but it seems that it wasn't you?"

"It uh definitely was not me, and nobody else could have used that device apart from me anywa-"

*CRASH* *BANG* *BOOM*

"What was that?" exclaimed Hriday as he stood up and reached towards the window blinds behind him to check outside. But before he could, Alaukik said,

"Sit down, it's nothing important. Just a building that fell over. Moving on, if you didn't send the letter, who did? Damn it, this is getting more and more irritating. Well, I'll leave that for later then. First tell me something, have the rebels in Kazakhstan finally made a move? Give me all the details about it."

And even though he looked really worried, Hriday sat down on his chair and started to talk,

"Indeed, the rebellion has begun. It was really sudden, but apparently the rebels had finished preparing for it. It is really surprising, the fact that they can sustain and to an extent even fight back against their country. At this point, it is very clear that there is a third party supporting them, it's just that we don't know who it is. Although we do have a very good guess..."

------

{About an hour of information dump later. Which I'm sparing you guys from btw, be thankful.}

"So basically, it is currently equalised between the rebels and the government of Kazakhstan. And what the RC wants me to do is go in deep, collect information, especially the black kind. And then, you want me to assassinate the leaders of both sides, create a puppet that can unite the two sides, and essentially turn Kazakhstan into a puppet country for the Federation.. So that we can have a buffer between us and TGAU?"

Tapping his knuckles on his forehead, Alaukik looked at Hriday again and said,

"You realise that I can't control the consciousness right? How do you expect me to create a puppet that can be controlled? What do you think will make a person worthy enough to lead a country bow down to me? The fact that I can murder them whenever I want? If a leader bent under the threat of death, then that person isn't much of a leader, are they?"

"I think the RC (or at least a part of the RC knows this) knows this, and that's why they will be sending another person with you. And while this person is not a mage, she is a very.. acclaimed personality that is an expert in manipulating people and tying them up in strings of her lies.."

"So in the end, it's a spy x protection x assassination mission? What does this lady look like?"

"Well, she usually dons different appearances depending on the situation.. But this is what she actually looks like," Hriday replied, handing Alaukik a picture. Looking at it, Alaukik rolled his eyes around and said,

"Perfect. Now all I need is a young boy of about 8 years old with pink hair and green eyes and we'd be the perfect reverse forger's. Complete with title and all."

"Umm, what?"

"Nothing. Well, if that's all, then I'll be going now," Alaukik said, looking at Hriday in case he had anything to add, but hearing nothing, he immediately teleported away and back to base.

"Wai- ... I didn't tell you where to meet her... Ah, guess I'll just send her to base then," sighed Hriday.

'Well, back to the expenses.'