f o r t y s e v e n : chapped lips

"come on, ira. let's get out of here."

it was a d r u g : the concert lights were blinding, almost psychedelic. the vibrating oscillations controlled the rhythmic beating of our hearts. it was almost like our feet― some barefooted, some booted, some straddled with bohemian trinkets― had minds of their own. and this time, i let myself get d r u g g e d.

adrian's voice pulled me out of that high and i, for once, resisted it. the bitter beer felt cold against my throat, and my hips swayed to the after effects that had taken effect long ago. everything looked so vibrant. almost, too vibrant.

"hey, hey. stay with me."

suddenly, the throng seemed suffocating, claustrophobic. the myriad of sweaty bodies swayed against each other, the concept of personal space long forgotten. that was the b e a u t y of it: the temperature of our physical proximities being shared in an aura of strangeness.

my head ached; i felt a hand pull me out of the horde.

"ira. come on."

adrian, today, seemed like the epitome of a tumblr boy; my guilty pleasure. his tousled hair was carefully styled under a beanie and he drowned in his oversized sweater. the right arm sleeve was hitched all the way to his elbow, revealing the matching tattoo of the inverted comma's that both of us had inked on our inner wrists a day back.

he had cried like a baby, that idiot.

"you okay?" he leaned against the iron barricade and pulled out a cigarette the minute i rewarded him with a drunken nod. and for the first time, i watched him in a different state of mind.

i watched him as he inhaled a painful puff of the marlboro, his mind completely numb to the smell. i watched his eyes narrow in concentration, in absolute surrender to the atmosphere around him. i watched his long, knotted fingers caress the cigarette: the fingers that could point accusingly at you, the fingers that could send endless tingles down your spine.

he let go of another puff and i felt an intense desire to inhale it.

and i wanted that pleasure, today.

so, i leaned in and inhaled the addictive smoke that exhaled from his chapped lips.

and

i

loved

it.

[a/n: show me the love, lovelies. adrian's take will be up by tomorrow, didn't realize how much i missed writing descriptions. anywho, i got a tattoo of the said inverted comma: example on the media bar: inked on the inner corner of my left wrist along with a close buddy of mine, today. without telling mum, of course. she reacted pretty well, smiled too. she is bae, don'tcha think?]