Chapter 21 - Properties of Silk

We're just finishing our breakfast when Taehyung's phone rings

We're just finishing our breakfast when Taehyung's phone rings. "Yeoboseyo? Oh, hyung, hi. Really? Right now?" He looks over at me. "All day?! OK, OK. I'm on my way, hyung."

I pout at him as he hangs up.

"Suddenly we have a big team meeting in 45 minutes, and we will be preparing something all day..." he tells me, sighing.

"Damn," I say. "And I wasted all our time on breakfast. [In my best Namjoon voice] Sorry, bae!"

"Well, at least I'm not hungry... for food..." he replies, looking pained. "Are you going to come to the office today?"

I tilt my head. "I guess I could, just to remind people that I'm a BigHit Music employee. Can I use your studio?"

"Yeah, of course! You know the door code, right?"

"Mm-hm." I look at the breakfast dishes stacked in the sink.

"Leave those for me, Birdie. I'll wash up tonight after dinner," Tae says.

I smile and wrap my arms around his waist. "I wonder what the big announcement is?" I say.

Tae shrugs. "I'll text you or come down and see you if we get a break," he says. He smooths my curls away from my face.

"Sounths good," I say as we kiss, and we both laugh with our mouths pressed together. I reach around him and grab his cute ass, and his mouth goes into boxy smile mode.

"Ugh!" he groans. "I guess I'll go take a cold, cold shower now..." We squeeze each other tight, both pouting.

"Well, I will just look forward to tonight, then," I sigh. "Uh, unless you're going to be too tired from whatever you guys are doing? And you have to get up early to record Run BTS episodes tomorrow, right? I could sleep at my place..."

Tae reaches down and circles each of my wrists with his fingers, then smolders at me. "I think you should sleep here," he says in his deepest voice. He does that tongue thing again, and my breath hitches as I give him a shy smile.

________________________________

I let myself into the studio and flip on the lights. 'It's so weird to be in here without Taehyung,' I think.

It takes me a hot minute to remember what songs we were working on before our relationship, ahem, entered a new phase. Was that just three days ago? It feels like a decade has passed! A very hot, steamy, pleasurable decade...

I open the file for Never Tomorrow, and stare at it blankly. My mind is drifting... Impatiently, I close that tab and open a brand new file. Suddenly words come pouring out onto the screen.

"Softly your whisper caresses my skin

Look at the way that you shine.

Tightly you wind through the weft of my mind