Chapter 55 - Friendcation

On New Year's Day, Taehyung is sitting at the mixing board, staring off into space

On New Year's Day, Taehyung is sitting at the mixing board, staring off into space. I am sending Jimin a text message about some English lines in one of his songs. An explosive noise suddenly startles me so badly that I drop my phone.

"Jesus!" I laugh. "That gave me a heart attack! Bless you."

He grins and rubs his nose. "Sorry!"

I bend over to pick up my phone, and see him rolling toward me in his chair.

"What's up, love?" I ask, sitting up and smiling at him.

Tae hesitates, giving me a searching sort of look. "Eunen Sae, I miss my Wooga hyungs. Would you mind if I tried to set up a filming with them, to do something like In the Soop?"

I blink at him, surprised. "Babe, it's very sweet of you to check with me, and I appreciate your thoughtfulness, but you don't have to clear these things with me in advance. If you want to hang out with the Woogas, or other friends, or the members, please feel free! I love that we get to spend so much time together, but it's OK for us to be apart sometimes, too, so that we can remember how much we miss each other." I eye-smile at him, and squeeze his knee.

Tae nods. "OK, I just wanted to check. I don't know if they'll even be able to do it because they're always busy. We haven't taken a trip since Hyungsik-ie hyung got back from the military! And that was about a year ago."

"Aw, well I hope you can schedule it, then. Are you thinking of a whole week, or a shorter one?"

"A whole week would be awesome, but even if we can only do three or four nights, it would be fun."

I nod. "Well, let me know if and when you get it scheduled. I've been pretty terrible about staying in touch with my Pohang friends, so maybe I will go visit them for a few days while you're gone."

Taehyung smiles. "That would be perfect, Birdie! Then I won't worry about you being lonely. But who will take care of Lulu?"

I cock my head. "If we left her a bunch of food and water, she could probably stay by herself for three nights. I think it would be OK."

"Don't you think that's too cruel?" he asks, looking troubled.

I raise my eyebrows and sigh. "Well, the only other ideas I can think of are having someone from the company take care of her at your place, or I could take her back to my apartment and hire a regular pet-sitter..."

"Oh, I know! Just a minute, I'll be right back." He whisks out the door, leaving me bewildered and laughing.

He's back in about four minutes. "Yoongi hyung will take care of her, as long as it's a time when he is in town. We can just take her to his house."

"Wow, OK. That's awesome!"

"Alright, I'm going to go talk to the video people. I'll go and come back." He bends down and kisses the top of my head, and I reach over to run my hand down his hip.