Chapter 47 - Jealousy, pt. 2

We're zooming through Highland Park on the 110 when Taehyung gets a text from Namjoon telling him that BTS and Hybe staff members are invited to a high-end Korean BBQ place for dinner and drinks tonight at 7:30. We'll be in a private room in the back. Staff should come in separately.

He reads me the message, and I laugh. "He thought we were going to show up with our arms around each other in front of the paparazzi, kissing? That's so funny. It's nice of him to make sure I know I'm invited, though. Do you want me to drop you off near your hotel so you can get dressed for dinner?"

"Sure. I'll ride to the restaurant with the members, and then hopefully I can go home with you afterward. If not, I'll walk there later."

I smile at him and reach over to squeeze his thigh. "That sounds wonderful. Gosh, I've never gone out with you and your bros before! This is going to be interesting!" I chuckle.

"Well, we got pretty drunk last night, so we'll probably be calmer tonight. But I can buy you that whiskey I owe you!"

I giggle. "That sounds nice, but just one, OK? I've learned that bad things can happen when I drink too much. Plus I have to drive home." Tae glances over at my face, but doesn't ask any questions.

_____________________________

I put on a nice but modest outfit and head to Korea town, my phone guiding me to the restaurant. I find free street parking nearby and feel ridiculously pleased with myself about it. Inside, the hostess checks my staff ID before she ushers me to the back room. The guys are already seated inside, along with four staff members from the LA Hybe office.

I introduce myself and bow to everyone, then grab the empty seat between Jimin and a guy from Hybe USA. Tae is seated across the table and over one, and I try hard not to look at him too much or make too many faces at him. I glance down the table at Namjoon, who is seated at the far end, opposite side, and he looks away with a self-conscious expression. The US Hybe guy tells me his name is Eugene, and politely pours me a cup of water. I thank him and smile, trying not to notice how Tae is watching through his bangs.

"I missed your introduction, Eugene. What do you do for Hybe?" I ask, smiling again.

"Oh, I do location scouting and travel coordination. And you said that you're a song-writer? You work out of Seoul?"

"Yes, that's right. So I'm not really here in an official capacity, although I did write a song the other day..." I chuckle. "I hadn't been home for Thanksgiving in years, so that was part of the reason I tagged along. Plus, how could I pass up a chance to see these guys perform live in front of a real audience for the first time in ages?" I grin.

Eugene nods. "The show last night was amazing, wasn't it?"

"Incredible," I nod and then look down at the menu.

"We ordered the set menu, Birdie," Tae says in Korean, forgetting (or not?) to use my work name. "And I ordered your drink."

I smile at him. "Oh, well that's easy then! Thank you, Taehyung-shi." He looks at me straight-faced, so I give him a tiny wink and then turn to look at Jimin, who looks like he's trying not to laugh.

"Jimin-shi," I say. "How was your rest day?"

Jimin smiles at me. "Good. I slept most of the time, and played a few games. It was very relaxing. How was your day?" He twinkles his eyes at me.

"Very pleasant, thanks. I got out of town for a little bit, and saw some beautiful gardens. Pretty scenery, good company..."

Jimin laughs and takes a sip of sake. "That sounds nice, Eunen Sae-shi!"