Chapter 6 - Delete Hajima

I am innocently leaning against the island again when a bare-footed Taehyung comes back out dressed in a t-shirt and different shorts, his tousled hair wet

I am innocently leaning against the island again when a bare-footed Taehyung comes back out dressed in a t-shirt and different shorts, his tousled hair wet. His eyes are open much wider now. He flashes me his signature boxy smile. "I'm ready. Are you ready?"

"Yup!" I say, chugging the last of my coffee. I rinse the mug in the sink. "Do you have dish soap?"

"Oh, no, don't worry about it. Please just leave it there," he says. "I can't cook well, but I am an expert at washing dishes!"

"Oh, that's right!" I say, and grin at him. "I know that from watching your travel shows. I'm just the opposite - I love to make a big mess cooking, but I hate cleaning it up!" I don't see a dish towel, so pat my hands dry on my pants. "OK, let's go!" I shadow-box at him and he laughs in surprise. "Sorry, I would blame the caffeine, but I'm just weird today."

He's still smiling as we walk to the living room.

"For example, I ate a piece of paper this morning," I mention off hand.

He turns to me. "Why?" he says, eye-smiling so hard that he looks like a yangban hahoe mask.

"It was the elevator code," I say, indicating his front door. "Mr. Gil said it was top secret, so I ate it."

Taehyung laughs so hard that he has to lean against the side of the sofa. I hide my face in my hands, mortified that I ate a paper and then told Kim Taehyung about it. What the hell am I thinking?

"You know," he says once he can breathe again, "People call me strange, but you might be weirder."

"No, no, no. No way," I respond. "I once saw you eat a piece of paper to get a Tata mic. That wasn't even top secret. You could have just bought yourself a damn Tata mic, you know?"

This time he actually falls to his knees laughing beside the couch.

I wipe the tears of helpless laughter out of the corners of my eyes, and pick up my laptop bag. "OK, stop being silly. We have to work," I say to him briskly and then crack up again. He grins.

"Yes, Eunen Sae-shi. Immediately, Eunen Sae-shi," he says.

I fail to look stern. "What song are we going to work on first?"

"How about 'Dubai'?" he says.

I nod. "Yeah. Do you have any ideas about the second verse? We need to connect it more smoothly to the other verses, I think."

We get out our computers, sit on opposite ends of the sofa, and get started.

_____________________________

I notice Taehyung rubbing his belly around 1:30. "Are you hungry?" I ask. "Time for lunch?"

"Yeah, I guess I am. What should we order?"

"I don't know. What's good around here?"

"We could get burgers. Or Thai food."

"Mmm, either one sounds yummy," I say. I know that he loves hamburgers, though. "How about burgers this time and Thai food another time?"