Chapter 63 - J-Hope's Birthday

Hobi's birthday party invitation email says to "show up beautifully!" I walk back into the bedroom to ask Tae what he thinks that means, and he says that it's probably just J-Hope's way of telling us to make sure and come, but I'm not totally convinced. I frown at the message on my phone, and ask him to text J-Hope and ask about the dress code.

Hoseok messages back, "I'm thinking of wearing this!" and sends a picture of himself looking extremely dapper in a sleek black outfit.

"Oh, Saint Laurent!" Tae says, nodding in approval. I sigh heavily, and make a grumpy duck face at him behind my mask.

"So I have to go shopping again, then," I say flatly.

He laughs, then coughs weakly. "You can just wear your nightclub clothes from LA. I'm sure that's fancy enough. Or we could tape all the stays so they won't hurt you and you could wear the sexy blue one!" He raises an eyebrow.

I blush and scrunch my face at him, then sigh. "You know that I adore all seven of you guys, and I love you the very mostest in the whole world, but I sure end up having to think about clothes a lot more now than I ever did before." I laugh and blow him a kiss. "What are you going to wear, love? Assuming that you feel well enough by then."

He looks thoughtful, then says with his deadpan face: "Probably pants and a shirt and maybe a blazer. Some shoes. Even some socks and underwear, if I feel formal."

I cackle and scoff. "You're a turkey, babe. You must be feeling better, though, if you're making jokes. I'm glad." I walk over to where he's propped up against the headboard, and lean in to give him a papery mask kiss on his forehead.

He grabs me around my waist and hauls me onto the bed, and I shriek in surprise and then giggle. "I do feel better!" he says, but the effect is ruined by another shallow coughing fit.

I sit next to him, and push his hair back behind his ear. "Maybe I'll go get a dress this afternoon, just in case we get to go. I can wear it for something else, if you are still sick on Saturday."

Tae nods. "I'm much better already!" he says, sounding determined. I lean over and kiss his bare shoulder through my mask, and he laughs. "That tickles, Birdie!" he complains weakly, and slides back down flat on the mattress.

I lift his head gently and smooth the bunched up pillow for him, pull the blankets up over his shoulders, and eye-smile down at him. "Get some rest, my sweetie bear. Do you want some green tea for your cough?"

"No, thanks. You could cuddle up, though..." He gives me Tata Mic Face eyes over his mask.

I chuckle softly. "Sure, love." I climb under the covers, and he wraps his arms around me as I roll over to huddle against his side. I put my arm across his chest and rest my hand on his far shoulder.

He sighs as his eyes slowly close.

_____________________________________

Tempted though I am to text Tae pictures of every dress I try on, I refrain because he might be sleeping. I do take mirror selfies of the real hits and misses to show him later, though. I settle on a simple v-neck midi dress, with a fitted bodice that makes my waist look tiny, and pretty flutter sleeves. The dress is scarlet red, so I could just wear either the silver or black shoes I already have, but I drift over to look at the pumps and see a beige Louboutin with three inch heels. I decide to try those on, too.

'What is happening to me?" I scoff, shaking my head. 'I am voluntarily continuing to shop, after the main target has been acquired?'

I contemplate the shoes, and decide to get them even though I'm not sure I can walk in them without breaking my neck. Then my eyes stray over to the handbags.