Chapter 67 - Take Your Shot

On the drive home, Tae gets a text from Namjoon saying that J-Hope is in the air and on his way to Vegas

On the drive home, Tae gets a text from Namjoon saying that J-Hope is in the air and on his way to Vegas. We both sigh in relief.

"Are you going to the hotel tonight?" I ask.

"No, I'm going to stay with you. They're all busy, anyway."

I glance over and raise my eyebrows. "Oh? What's happening?"

"Namjoon-ie hyung, Yoongi hyung, and Jimin-ie are going to the Silk Sonic concert, and Jin hyung is planning to game all night, and of course Jungkook-ie is in quarantine."

I turn and look at him a little longer before looking back at the road. "You didn't want to go to Silk Sonic? That would be amazing! I love them."

He shrugs. "I love them, too, but I love you more, Birdie!" He laughs. "And security doesn't like it when they have to guard more than three of us, unless it's all seven and they get the full detail. So I volunteered to stay behind this time, because I wanted to be with you anyway."

"Awww... I'm really honored, babe. Can you go see them another time, maybe?"

"No, tomorrow is their last show for now, and I would get in trouble if I went to a concert the night before our Grammys performance." I sigh and pat his thigh. "I really don't mind. I missed you a lot, and we're having other adventures!" I chuckle lightly.

We decide to practice grilling on the big fancy gas grill for dinner, to be sure we know how to do it before the party Monday night. "I'm not particularly hungry yet, though," I say as we hop out of the car. "It's only five. What should we do next?" I smile over at him as I punch in the door code.

"Hmmm... I've never gotten to win you at pool!" he says, boxy smiling at me.

"Oh, yeah? You think you can beat me, tough guy? I'm going to keep an eye on you! I won't let you get away with cheating, the way Jimin-shi does!" I laugh.

"I can win with one arm tied behind my back!" he declares, and we both giggle at the mental image.

I walk into the kitchen for water, and he goes upstairs for a minute. I raise my eyebrows at him when he comes back down into the kitchen, but he just smiles at me. We head out to the game room in the converted garage.

Neither of us remembers what order to rack the balls in, and I would just put them in randomly, but he wants to do it properly so he looks it up on his phone. We do rock/paper/scissors to determine who gets to break. I'm relieved when my first shot actually hits hard enough to scatter the balls around.

"Nice!" Tae says, giving me an impressed look. I wink at him.

He wins the first game, but only because I miss the 8 ball, so I demand a rematch. I start distracting him by blowing in his ear when he's taking a shot, running my hand up his hip, and even walking to the other side of the table and acting like I'm about to take off my shirt.