Eighteen

Jin shut the door behind Yoongi and followed him and Joon into his living room. Everyone else was already there, the mood somber. He couldn't remember a single moment in the last few weeks any of them had laughed together.

"I fucked up." Hobi sighed leaning forward so his elbows rested on his thighs.

"You can't just take care of it, we needed to call a meeting?" Joon sighed too, his was shakier and seemed to come from somewhere deeper. He didn't even want to know what Hobi was about to confess.

Joon rubbed the back of his neck but avoided looking at anyone. Their eyes all had an empty quality to them. Everyone seemed like they'd rather be anywhere else.

"Jiminie stopped by tonight and when he went to the bathroom he ended up in her room instead. I'm stupid, it never occurred to me he wouldn't remember where the bathroom was, I'd forgotten I moved only a year ago." Yoongi reached over to comfort Hobi, their bodies leaning toward each other.

"And you've still not boxed up her things? It was all out in the open?"

Joon wasn't mad, he just didn't think he could solve any more problems. Even if he had the capacity he no longer has the desire to fix anything.

Life without the maknae felt like it was upside down. He woke every morning and for a split second had to remember Kook wasn't going to be in the apartment. That he'd never be in it again, a knife to his chest literally every single day. Then he got the pleasure of coupling that thought with the fact that he'd let down Y/N, he'd not protected her. He'd been so vocal about them being safe but all day he'd been too distracted to follow through.

"I can't Joon. I walk in there and I walk right back out." Hobi's eyes were dark, he couldn't seem to verbalize how badly he hated the idea of moving anything.

"Hire someone. Have your PA figure it out." Jin suggested lightly, he could see Joon's distress and took over as problem solver.

"It's not just that. It feels like if everything stays right where it should be, she'll come back." Hobi's lip trembled and something deep inside him wanted to say her name, speak her existence.

Namjoon understood that sentiment, every single thing of Kookie's was exactly as it had been left. He worried that the day he felt comfortable moving it would be the day he gave up on everything.

"What did Jimin say? Did he recognize anything?" Tae changed the subject, that wasn't what mattered, it was Jimin, they couldn't help her anymore.

"I don't know but he seemed too interested. I told him it was my new sub's room but I don't think he was buying it. Her dress from the party is still on the floor, if anything he was remembering that." Hobi sighed and shook his head, how had he ruined everything?

"Clean the room out Hobi. Send her things to her parents, they deserve to have them back. We'll just think of what to say to him if he brings it up again." Jin nodded and Hobi winced at the command but agreed.

"Sujin finally snapped, she said he can't keep manipulating his memories." Joon said it quietly remembering the explosive argument, he wasn't going to tell them but he thought they should know.

It was their first real one ever, both of them always capable of quiet discussion before. He could admit she'd been more than patient with him since everything happened. Loving and kind every single second, but she got closed off when they discussed Y/N and Jimin. She adamantly said they needed to allow him to naturally come around to the memories then softly support him through the reality of her death.

Joon wouldn't hear it, the way Jimin had almost collapsed upon realizing Jjille was dead had been beyond awful. They couldn't keep Kookie from him, and that had been even worse. Jimin had gone so quiet and still they thought he'd passed out. Then it had just been hours of tears. His blood pressure had spiked so badly he'd had a mild seizure. The doctors said he needed to be kept calm, no more shocks.