Thirty

Jimin had worried about staying in a cheap hotel, he reasoned that it was much more likely for the employees to tell the press he was there to make some quick cash off a reporter. Instead he'd found a decent place near the airport with a back entrance. After checking in he'd carefully moved Jjille into the room close to the exit that he'd requested.

He laid her across the bed, she was still lethargic, though she'd woken and she'd mostly walked into the room. While on camera he knew it would still look suspicious but it wasn't as bad as carrying her.

"Where are we oppa?" Jjille's head lolled against his shoulder as he laid down next to her everything sinking into him now that they were here.

"Just a game. I'll explain in the morning." Before he'd even finished his final words she was sleeping curled against his chest, her long fingers spread across his neck.

Jimin swallowed back tears and let his hand rest against her elbow and closed his eyes. All he could picture was Tae's face, it ranged from confused to sad to angry. He'd wake soon, their alarm breaking the calm of the bedroom before the sun could do it first. For a little while he might not be worried he'd guess Jimin was upstairs with Jji or had gone in early to work with a trainer.

Apprehension would start building when he arrived for dance practice and Jimin was no where to be found. Jimin didn't think Tae would notice the missing clothing, he just wasn't usually that observant in the morning. By the time practice started all six of them would be irritated or uneasy. He knew Tae and Kookie would go looking for him, Joonie would be calling him. The managers and PAs would check all his favorite spots in the building.

Jimin couldn't go back, not for a very long time. He couldn't contact any of them, not even once. He started thinking of places he could disappear, they were popular but not world wide. What countries had lax immigration laws? In a few hours he'd go to a bank and withdraw as much cash as they'd give him. It wouldn't be enough, but he'd just have to be smart enough later to find out how to make money.

Maybe he'd call Dispatch from the airport before their plane took off and say he'd been spotted flying to Japan. Of course they wouldn't be headed there, while the population was dense there were a lot of fans there already.

His mind raced back to grief before it could start attaching to logistics. How could he breathe without all the people he loved surrounding him? Jimin sighed, this whole planned was too flawed. He'd never get away, then it struck him, he didn't need to leave. Jimin needed to hide Jjille.

That plan might be as difficult as the first because she wasn't going to want to be sent away, certainly not without him. How was he going to convince her to go? He'd never told her anything about Irene being the monster she was and he had the sneaking feeling she was becoming obsessed with Hobi.

His tortured mind was shattered from thought when he heard a knock on the door. It wasn't particularly loud or aggressive, but the do not disturb sign was posted. A hotel employee would only ignore that if there was an emergency, but wouldn't they try calling the room first?

Jimin decided it ignore it, the possibility that someone had sold his location after all was likely. If he made any move and created noise they'd know someone was in the room even if they couldn't confirm it was him. He didn't even have the energy to be angry at the staff, but it certainly changed his plans.

The knock came again, louder this time and he heard a female voice that made his insides clench in the worst way. Irene. How? He carefully rolled Jjille to her side and stared at the door in horror as he stood. Jimin couldn't refuse to answer the door, but he knew he was slick with sweat already.

"Irene?" He finally opened the door, watching his tone he pretended confusion without fear. Jimin wasn't sure he pulled it off but she pushed into the room and turned looking up at him glaring.