Sixty Two

You knew Eunwoo would lie, there wasn't any other scenario you'd even imagined since you'd learned she might still be alive. But her words still shocked you, how could she say you pulled the gun? You weren't like her, you'd never have shot at your cousin, even knowing she'd hurt Jimin you wanted her in jail not dead. Forget the fact that you never could have aimed the gun at Kookie and pulled the trigger either. You glanced at him, his face was turned toward you, concern etching every feature but he didn't move forward. You turned deeper into Jimin's embrace, that was where you belonged and you felt grateful Kookie hadn't reached for you.

You'd already told Kookie that Jimin was the one, that you didn't have to choose because there was no choice. He could accept what you had to offer and give his love anyway, or he'd have to accept nothing but platonic friendship. It wasn't fair, you knew that, Kookie didn't deserve to play second place in your life, but you'd not asked for his love. The love you felt for him was different, more physical and emotional than romantic. He'd taken it well, said nothing changed for him, that he'd love you until he loved someone else. You'd seen some pain behind his eyes, but not devastation, he'd probably expected that outcome all along.

"Shhh, Angel, don't even worry about her, in a few minutes her head is going to spin right off her shoulders." Jimin kissed your temple after whispering in your ear, his hand warmly squeezing at your waist.

"I wish I didn't have to listen." You whispered back and turned fully into Jimin's body, wanting nothing more than to disappear into his orange blossom scented cocoon.

"We don't have to listen sweetheart, we can leave." He tugged your wrist, you knew he wanted to hear this, needed to see justice playing out, but he'd walk away for you, no doubt.

"I can do this, just don't let me go alright?" You turned back to the two way mirror, you could do this, surrounded by people who cared for you.

"I'm never leaving you again." Another brush of a kiss, this time your neck and it made you wish for something else entirely.

"Can I come back to your place after this? Even if it's late?" You sighed, feeling more tired than you could ever remember feeling. More than when you'd dragged yourself from the river, because this felt like the final stretch of an impossible marathon.

"You think there was any other choice? That's cute Angel." Jimin's fingers pinched your hip and you both looked back into the room. Eunwoo had been talking about how you'd been waving the gun around while you continued to trash her pristine white palace of an apartment.

"If Y/N had the gun, how did Jungkook end up shot? Weren't they friends?" Detective Chang sounded skeptical, his tone implying he was very close to rolling his eyes.

"They were friends, it's probably why he showed up at my apartment, yelling and banging on the door. He must have known she'd brought a gun and was willing to use it to get what she wanted from me. Jungkook was a good person, he couldn't let her do that. Maybe he was protecting her and couldn't have cared less about me, just wanted to keep her from living with the guilt or something." Eunwoo must have fancied herself a masterful story teller, it was also possible somehow she was convincing herself of the alternate series of events.

"Then how did the golden maknae end up shot?" Chang almost laughed saying Kookie's nickname and there were murmurs in the room teasing him immediately.

"Not so bulletproof after all?" Jin's soft but high pitched laugh.

"Golden maknae can't even dodge a bullet?" Hobi's gentle ribbing.

"With all that boxing you couldn't even take out Eunwoo?" Tae's groan of fake disappointment.