Sixty Three

Jimin felt a bit unsettled, through this whole situation he'd completed brushed over the fact that Eunwoo had poisoned him. It rarely crossed his mind, because he'd survived while he believed his love and Kookie had actually died at her hands. For Detective Chang to be putting any emphasis on it confused him but also pleased him.

"Did you think I could let her get away with hurting the person I love more than anyone in the whole world?" Y/N pressed to his side and whispered in his ear, her breath warm. It heated the chill of his feelings away.

Jimin had forgotten that Y/N had been taken from him because she had been so rabidly seeking the truth about what happened at the party. He had the urge to pick her up and take her home, not stay for the fireworks, make their own. She'd proven so devoted to him that she'd nearly lost her life, he was overwhelmed with feelings that he kissed her.

Her lips were soft and receptive, even though the room was full of people she accepted his kiss without question. After a few seconds Jimin pulled away brushing his fingertips down her cheek, his own embarrassment at making out during an inappropriate moment stopping him before he actually did something improper. She smiled at him and he kissed her forehead before returning his attention to the interrogation room. Eunwoo was still quiet, the lawyer's hold on her unyielding.

"Plant matter and rodent poison aren't unusual in apartments detective." Her lawyer's first crisp response filled the room and a smile curled onto Director Kim's lips.

"It is rather unusual in a champagne flute. Even more unusual down a famous KPop idol's throat." His response was deadpan, delivered with venom so toxic that both Eunwoo and her no doubt expensive lawyer slightly flinched.

"These are the exact ingredients used to poison Park Jimin, but I will admit no one is entirely sure he was the target. When reviewing footage of the party your father's company threw, the glass is handed to your cousin, Y/N, only later did he take it from her." Director Kim might as well have been talking to himself because Eunwoo wasn't responding, her nose flared slightly. She looked almost relieved in those seconds because she thought the pieces of the puzzle hadn't been snapped into place.

"I don't know anything about the party, I was working on an ad revenue project for a jewelry company. My cousin planned the party, every single detail, maybe she made some enemies, she had been unpopular enough to be targeted before. I'm sure that's why she didn't drink it, why her boyfriend took it from her." Eunwoo sounded haughty, confidence returning because she thought their lack of facts would protect her.

"Except our facial recognition software says this is you at the party, coming up the back entrance through the kitchen, and again, you, here at the back of the room moments before Park Jimin was poisoned." Director Kim pulled two photos, taken from the event's cameras, and placed them face up on the table.

"That looks nothing like me! That woman's nose is much too large, her chin too wide, her lips are the wrong shape." Eunwoo rolled her eyes pointing out how flawed their identification was, their fancy facial recognition failed. 

The problem was, her lawyer understood the implication of their accusation immediately, his eyes going wide as he dug his fingernails into Eunwoo's skin. But she was certain of her cleverness and just kept speaking, her finger tracing the abnormalities in the picture and then pointing to her own perfection in comparison.

"Yes, interesting." Detective Chang grinned and pointed at the mess of make up that Eunwoo had clearly already forgotten, scattered in front of her. "Interesting how a moment ago you said," he turned and looked at one of the guys in the back row who lifted a notepad.

"She said," the detective looked down at what he'd written, Jimin hadn't even been paying attention to him jotting notes, "Is there a reason you find my make up collection so interesting?"