Thirty Four

Jimin booted his laptop, the flash drive clutched too tightly in his palm. He had to make himself ease the pressure in his hand out of fear of breaking it. He wondered why Tae had waited so long to return everything but he was grateful he had finally.

Even in this moment he wasn't sure he was prepared to see the contents. His heart was already beating erratically, his stomach a fist. A few days ago when he'd first remembered her he could not have handled these memories. Jimin guessed Tae knew that about him, knew that he adjusted poorly and even when he was sure he wanted something, he still needed to ease into it. It made sense now.

When his desktop loaded he slid the USB into the drive, it popped up 'Do you want to unzip Angel?' and Jimin almost laughed. It wasn't one full of humor, rather a nervous noise. He guessed he'd done that many times, only not at his computer. The thought both amused and hurt him all at once.

It took barely a minute but then two folders appeared on his laptop. Angel and Angel NSFW. Tae had done Jimin another favor, dividing out the contents in a way that allowed him to not come across more than he was ready to handle. It also gave her some dignity where he could wait to access some of their more private moments when he'd gained more of his memory back.

His fingers shook a little as he dragged the cursor over the unrated folder, guessing that meant he wouldn't stumble across anything sexual. He paused before clicking, maybe that would be the more difficult file to look at. Shaking his head he opened it but was met with more options. Pics. Videos. Text messages. Emails.

He clicked on pics and when it opened it was full of thumbnails, maybe a few hundred probably more. He scrolled downward and randomly opened one. She was in his arms, a selfie, her back to his chest and he was kissing her neck. He couldn't remember the moment but somehow he could summon the emotion.

Her smile was lovely, her body language relaxed like being close to him was a pleasure and normal. What struck him more than anything was his own posture. He seemed calm and in the moment, his head empty of anything but the lovely woman in his lap. Jimin could tell just looking at this single image of the two of them that she brought out something in him that he hid most of the time.

He closed that picture and picked another, they were in a bed, not his, taking another selfie. He was wearing a hoodie with Kai on it and he was staring at her instead of his camera. Jimin had never doubted that he was in love with her, but this single picture, the way he smiled and leaned into her would have left no doubt to anyone viewing it.

For the next thirty minutes he viewed every single photo like a slideshow. He could feel tears on his cheeks but he didn't stop, and he even recognized a couple of the shots. The timeline was clear, the starting pictures being close to the engagement party, and the last few from closer to the night of the awards party. How ironic that their romance had started and ended at two parties thrown by the same person.

That thought struck him oddly, her uncle had thrown the engagement party for his daughter, Eunwoo and Taemin. Her uncle's firm had also sponsored the party where he'd been poisoned, but no one knew who'd done it yet. Jimin wondered if the police had questioned him, since Eunwoo was suspected in Kookie's shooting. Did he believe his daughter capable of something so vile? Could any parent really picture their child doing something so horrible?

Another stab of pain buried itself in his chest, Y/N's parents must be devastated. They'd come so close to losing their daughter when Irene had tried to kill her with his car, only to actually lose her less than a year later. Did her father blame his brother? Was their family being torn apart? Could Y/N's parent's forgive Eunwoo's because they'd both lost their daughters?

Jimin pushed to the back of his mind that he needed to talk to them both. He wasn't sure how he would arrange it, the audacity to want to interrupt their grieving wasn't lost on him. The issue was he would interrupt anyone's peace if it meant figuring out what happened and if Jjille was still alive. Something told him it was possible that Eunwoo had been involved back then, even if he couldn't prove it yet.