Twelve

🖤Press Play🖤

"In the Stars" by Benson Boone

~

~

~

~

~

~

"I'm still holding on to everything that's dead and gone"

"I don't want to say goodbye because this one means forever"

~

~

~

~

~

~

"Check all the drawers Tae, if it looks like it could be a woman's take it. Even if you're not sure. He's not going to recognize most of these things anyway."

Jin shoved a pair of high heels into a box, he thought he recognized them from the very first party. Had she never taken them home? How many of her things had ended up in these rooms over the last year?

"I need a break." Tae flopped to the floor in front of the closet and sighed a pile of clothing on his lap.

He'd lost her too, they'd all lost Y/N, and throwing all of her belongings in a box didn't feel right. He swiped his knuckles over his eyes and swallowed back the choking sensation.

"When his memory comes back we'll find a new normal. He's already remembered that Jji-," Jin let his voice trail off, another person they loved stolen too soon by a psychotic woman.

"Without her here and with no one talking about her the doctors aren't sure he'll recover those memories. They said he needs to find patterns and focal points, and we're taking them all away." Tae shoved a handful of lingerie into the box deciding a break only made things feel worse longer.

"They also said extra trauma wasn't good, telling him about Kook was enough for a lifetime. We can't add the trauma of losing her too."

The silence was palpable, it always was when people mentioned the maknae. That wasn't something Tae could even bring himself to feel, his heart was shattered, a whole country's heart in fact. Army had been on a non stop vigil since the announcement.

Jin had crept up behind Tae and wrapped his arms around his shoulders kneeling on the floor with him. Tae leaned his head backward resting against Jin's shoulder. He wasn't sure anymore if he had the strength in him to go through with the plan. He felt selfish thinking it, but he was in pain too, he wanted Jin by his side while he figured out how to breathe through it.

"I can come see you whenever I want?" The words came out thick with tears that he couldn't even stop from falling anymore.

"Darling, of course, come here." Tae turned in Jin's arms and buried his face in his hyung's neck. "Jimin won't find it weird that you spend time with me. He never did before he won't now."

"But before it was innocent, now I'll feel like I'm cheating on you both." Tae said the words miserably, his heart was being pulled in too many directions. It had only been eight days since Jimin was poisoned, six since the car accident.