Fifty Six

"If you're asking if I will submit for you, no." Jin's laugh was more warm and delicate than Jimin had ever heard it, not the usual rowdy sounds of glee.

"That's a shame." Mitch took the disappointment remarkably well, but there was still a change in his demeanor almost instantaneously.

It was alarming to Jimin, this could be a major setback if Mitch felt shut out over Jin's rejection. But what did he expect? Did he want Jin to act out of character and assume a role he didn't want or feel comfortable in? Internally Jimin flinched, wasn't he doing that now? Hadn't he done it at the party and endured the cane for this charade? Was he angry that Jin wasn't going to do the same? It was probably different because Jin had never been a sub, Jimin had simply stopped being a sub. Hobi had accused him of not being willing to go far enough to save Jjille, even though he would do it for Y/N. Would he deliver the same disappointed speech to his hyung?

"But you never know what can happen when someone drinks enough." Jin winked at him and the look on Mitch's face was pure bliss. "Tae get soju, I don't think wine is going to do the job."

Jimin watched as a look passed between Jin and Mitch, everyone seemed to be reacting to it. Carter's lips spread with a disgusting grin, and Hobi picked up on it quickly. Maybe Jin hadn't sabotaged the evening after all, Jimin wasn't sure if his last statement was simply egging Mitch on, or a subtle promise.

"I'm sure we can keep you equally entertained if those two disappear into the dungeon for a while." Hobi's flirtatious personality came out and Carter turned his lecherous look to him.

"Jimin seemed pretty tough at the party, but maybe you could show me how much he can take behind closed doors?" Hobi was nodding at Carter's request and Jimin tried not to flip out. He stabbed his fingernails into his palm and forced a bite of beef into his mouth.

"The things he lets me do, you can't even imagine." Hobi was interrupted by Tae placing shot glasses in front of all of them, already full of bitter soju that assaulted Jimin's nose. For a second he worried he'd been given the wrong drink.

"To lowered inhibitions!" Mitch grinned picking his up right away and the five of them drank, Tae hadn't poured himself any. Jimin realized it was just water and forced himself to grimace as though it was actual soju, Jin and Hobi doing the same, Jin more skillfully that the latter.

When the glasses were empty, Tae refilled Jimin, Hobi and Jin with the remainder of the open bottle. He returned to the kitchen and brought back a second that he opened with a flourish and then refilled Mitch and Carter. He'd also brought new beers for them and the bottle of wine which he used to top off Jin and Hobi.

The next hour was a ballet of Tae managing drinks, to everyone's eyes he was just being carefully attentive, only trying to avoid Jin's irritation again like he'd done during dinner. To Jimin who knew him better than almost anyone he was paying extreme attention to details, likely to match the correct drink with the right person. Between drinks Jimin managed to clear the table, at the bar Tae had arranged bottles meticulously and he avoided it as he threw away empty beer bottles.

The conversation at the dining table had become raucous, Jin and Mitch laughing at everything uproariously. If Jimin himself hadn't tasted their 'alcohol' and knew it was juice he might have assumed Jin was teetering on truly drunk. It wasn't like Jin hadn't reached that point at numerous parties, he was a giddy, joyful, fun drunk. Mitch's personality matching Jin's ironically as he actually imbibed the real drinks.

Hobi and Carter seemed to be getting quieter, a sharp contrast to their counterparts. Their heads were close together talking fervently about something that Jimin only caught pieces of as he taxied dishes to the kitchen. His name curled across their lips and he had to remind himself that nothing Hobi promised was actually going to happen. Carter looked flushed, his cheeks pink and his eyes becoming glassy. He leveled those beady things on Jimin and smirked elbowing Hobi conspiratorially. If Jimin allowed himself to believe that Hobi would break his promise he might lock himself in the bathroom.