Sixty Five ♡

Sujin met all of you at the elevator, the joy on her face radiating a happiness that was contagious. Her eyes welled with tears and she held her arms out to you both. Kookie tugged you along with him and you both took one side of her. She hugged you both, her hands stroking down the backs of your heads. She smelled like lemon and honey, as if she might have even been cooking.

"Oh babies." She sounded more emotional than you'd ever heard her, maybe not, you recalled the hospital when Jimin was unconscious. She'd been a wreck then too.

When you pulled away she had tears in her eyes and you felt the urge to hug her again. Kookie beat you to it, patting her gently, rubbing her back and his soft voice whispered something against her temple.

"We know we worried everyone, we wouldn't have chosen that." You sighed, all the reunions where people got emotional made you feel more and more guilty. You knew it wasn't their fault, they cared for you, but was it your fault?

During the last few minutes of the van ride from the police station you'd video called Aiyun. You'd wanted to talk to her in person first but worried she'd see you on TV or things would leak. She wanted to come see you but decided tomorrow would have to work. Chan was with her and promised to talk to Felix. You knew this process of telling people would continue to evolve over time. Get easier as days went by.

"Can I?" Sujin had stepped forward, her long elegant fingers cupping your face and for a second you didn't understand what she meant. When it hit you all you could do was nod slightly.

She kissed you, sweetly, her lips soft and unhurried, exactly like you'd remembered from all those weeks ago. She'd last kissed you outside of the prison, before warning you to be careful with Taemin. Of course you hadn't been and she'd had to save you.

"I'm going to let you go before Jiminie picks you up and carries you into his apartment cave man style." Sujin bumped her nose against yours then with a second gentle kiss turned back to Kookie.

Somehow you could tell just from her body language, Kookie was going to get a lot more than two kisses when they disappeared behind their own door. He wouldn't want anything sweet like you'd just received either.

"Angel." Jimin's voice held a tiny bit of impatience and you turned and rolled your eyes teasing him.

"I've shared you enough for a whole lifetime, and in the morning Aiyun is going to be breaking down our door." He looked tired, you only had the vaguest bit of info of what he'd gone through the last twenty four hours, but you doubted he was going to tell you tonight.

"Goodnight, we'll talk soon." Sujin laughed softly waving toward you before Jimin grabbed your wrist and dragged you away, his hand gripping around your waist by the time you reached his door.

You barely remembered him typing in his code or opening his door but then it was shut and he had you pressed against it. His lips nuzzled into the edge of your neck and shoulder, he was breathing you in. Long slow deep breaths like he wanted to memorize your scent or how that particular piece of your skin felt against his nose and lips.

"Angel, don't you ever leave me again." Jimin's voice was so soft and tender all you could do was stroke your fingers down his hair, from the crown of his head to the back of his neck. The tendrils had grown long and unruly, it was clear he'd not cut them since before the night of the after party.

"I'm here Jagiya, I don't want to be anywhere else." You kissed his forehead as he lifted his head slowly, his eyes taking in your lips like he would kiss them.

Except he didn't, he linked your fingers and turned dragging you down the hall toward his bedroom. He was walking then he was running and it reminded you of that breathless laughter when you'd run back to his car from the elevator at your parents apartment the night of your first date.