Fifty Five

"I'm so rude, what can we get you to drink? I have beer, red and white wine, water." Hobi smiled warmly, the momentary tension breaking like a wave beneath his confidence as host.

"Beer would be great." Mitch looked at Carter who nodded in agreement.

"Tae? Are you not listening? Drinks." Jin rolled his eyes grappling his own control back as he pretended to scold Tae for not rocketing into action.

Tae moved, and Jimin sensed he'd waited for Jin's exasperation to do it. They were supposed to be drawing lines between subs and doms to make their guests feel comfortable enough to let down their walls. Mitch was supposedly evil enough to have bought Jjille and kept her hidden away. He was supposed to be into cruelty to subs, so it was important that they thought Jin and Hobi had little respect for subs too.

"Since we signed the NDAs do you think we could ask some personal questions?" Mitch grinned and Hobi motioned everyone to move to the table.

That was probably a good choice, hanging out in the living room was leaving too many awkward silences. At least if everyone was busy eating it could buy time to formulate answers while they chewed. Everyone sat, Hobi at the head of the table, Jimin at his side, Mitch and Carter next to each other and then Jin and Tae next to Jimin. Strategically Mitch positioned himself across from Jin.

Tae had gathered the drinks, carefully placing them before each person with intention. Jimin hoped he'd gotten them correct, although a single alcoholic drink wasn't the end of the world. It wasn't like Jin had poisoned the drinks for Mitch and Carter. Jimin stood without being asked and began setting the food on the table, Tae joined him and they worked quietly.

"What kind of questions did you have in mind?" Hobi finally answered Mitch when the four of them were comfortably settled.

"The two of us have been abnormally curious about the dynamics of BTS. No one would gossip about the seven of you. Maybe because everything that happened recently, but even before that, if anyone asked about you it was met with unnerving silence." Carter's tone was a bit acidic, as if implying people being unwilling to talk badly about their group was unthinkable.

"We're not all that interesting." Jin laughed but Jimin turned his attention to Carter from where he was moving side dishes from the fridge.

"Of course you are, I found out from the party that Hobi is a dom, Jimin a sub, it seems Tae is also a sub and you're his dom?" Mitch asked Jin, and Jimin thought he looked and sounded disappointed.

"Yes, Tae and I have been together for years." If Jin picked up on the same as him he didn't show it.

"What about the others?" Carter leaned forward his curiosity palpable, Jimin wondered if Hobi or Jin was actually going to reveal those details.

Hobi was silent for a long moment watching Tae and Jimin deliver the remaining food to the table. When the last bowl of rice was placed he smiled and glanced at Jin.

"I guess there's no harm in discussing it, especially if the two of you spend time with the six of us, you'd find out anyway right?" He said it easily, as if there was no issue at all with discussing the predilections of others not present.

"Yoongi and Joonie are dominants." Jin motioned to a bowl of vegetables and smiled watching Carter lift some onto his rice.

"And what was Jungkook?" Mitch didn't even hesitate to ask, saying 'was' with no more emphasis than you might ask someone's year of birth.

"Submissive, he belonged to Joon." Hobi finished, Jimin guessed it was easier now to not let the words slice through him. He however faked slight discomfort with an awkward grimace.