fourteen

"What caused it to crash?" Amy asks as they're finally outside. Belle looks at a tall, rock-like wall.

"Not us," Ave says, taking the blame off them.

"Nah, the airlock would've sealed seconds after you blew it. According to the Home Box, the warp engines had a phase shift. No survivors."

"A phase shift would have to be sabotage. I did warn them," River says.

"About what?" The Doctor asks.

"Well, at least the building was empty. Aplan temple. Unoccupied for centuries," Ave says. River nods.

"Aren't you going to introduce us?" Amy asks after pulling the Doctor to the side.

"Amy Pond, Isabelle Dune, Professor River Song and her sister, Ave Song, spelled A V E."

"Ah, I'm going to be a Professor some day, am I? How exciting. Spoilers."

"Oi," Ave says, "I don't even GET to become a Professor from what he says."

Belle gives a smile. "If it helps, I'm not as smart as that either."

"Yeah, but who are they and how did she do that? River. She just left you a note in a museum," Amy states.

"Two things always guaranteed to show up in a museum. The Home Box of category four starliner and sooner or later, him. It's how he keeps score."

"I know," Amy says.

"It's hilarious, isn't it?" River says. Ave smiles.

"I'm nobody's taxi service. Except for Belle if she needs it. I'm not going to be there to catch you every time you feel like jumping out of a spaceship," the Doctor says, putting his arm around Belle's waist, bringing her in. Butterflies fill her stomach again.

"And you are so wrong. There's one survivor. There's a thing in the belly of that ship that can't ever die. Now he's listening"

River uses her communicator.

"You lot in orbit yet? Yeah, Ave and I saw it land. I'm at the crash site. Try and home in on my signal. Doctor, can you sonic me? I need to boost the signal so we can use it as a beacon."

He does, grudgingly. Belle frowns.

"Ooo, Doctor, you soniced her. Izzy, are you jealous?"

"Amelia..." Belle starts, glaring at her. The Doctor smirks and kisses her cheek.

"We have a minute. Shall we?"

She gets out a TARDIS-style diary. Ave gets out a special diary as well.

"Where are we up to? Have we done the Bone Meadows?"

"I think they're too early," Ave tells River. "I mean, didn't he just introduce us to them?"

Belle tries to peek at the book. The Doctor makes her turn around just as Ave's eyes widen. She whispers to River and they argue.

"What're the books?" Amy asks curiously.

"Stay away from it," the Doctor tells the both of them.

"What is it though?" Amy asks again.

"Her diary," the Doctor states and looks at Ave after glaring at River, "and hers."

"Our diary," River says.

"And ours. Meaning Izzy's and I's."

"Isabelle," Belle tells her. Ave frowns.

"Their past, my future. Time travel. We keep meeting in the wrong order," The Doctor explains.

"So I'll see them when I go back into your past, which would be my future?"