sixty

The Doctor was going to die. Again. Belle couldn't take it anymore, so she wanted to ask the Doctor if she could go back to see Kaden again, and he let her go until the day he was supposed to die, on April 11th, 2011. Though he took her to her normal time with Kaden.

The Doctor did a thing with the alien machine where he sent Belle and Ave in before he went to die. They were thankful he kept quiet about them as they were inside his machine-body that they had encountered when the machine was trying to destroy them, but now they were working together.

Belle still couldn't believe that the two were engaged at this point, and was starting to wonder when she was going to have Ave, but she wasn't pregnant yet. She thought it was odd how the Doctor didn't remember that Ave was their daughter.

Belle watched the Doctor interact with Amy through the machine-body. While this was happening, they stole some kisses in between because they were going to get married today, before he was supposed to die. He had a plan, and it was going to work.

While River was in view of the Doctor's machine-body, the main control guy was helping the Doctor by speaking for him while he talked to Belle.

They were going to get married right there, right now.

"I can't let you die!" says River.

"Where's Belle?" Amy asks the Doctor. "Isn't she supposed to be here? And Ave?"

"Not important right now, but I have to die," says the Doctor.

"Shut up! I can't let you die without knowing you are loved by so many, and so much, and by no one more than me."

"River, you and I, we know what this means. We are ground zero of an explosion that will engulf all reality. Billions on billions will suffer and die."

"I'll suffer if I have to kill you."

"More than every living thing in the universe?"

"Yes."

"River, River, why do you have to be this? Melody Pond, your daughter. I hope you're both proud."

"I'm not sure I completely understand," says Rory.

"We got married and had a kid and that's her," Amy explains, which makes Belle laugh. It echoes the speaker which makes the Doctor laugh on the outside. They all chuckle together quietly after that.

"Okay," says Rory. He looked at the Doctor oddly.

"Amy, uncuff me now. Okay, I need a strip of cloth about a foot long. Anything will do. Never mind."

The Doctor takes off his bow tie on the outside, and the Doctor takes his original bow tie on the inside.

"River, take one end of this. Wrap it around your hand, and hold it out to me," says the man who was imitating the Doctor.

"What am I doing?" asks River.

"As you're told. Now, we're in the middle of a combat zone, so we'll have to do the quick version. Captain Williams, say I consent and gladly give."

"To what?" Rory asks.

"Just say it. Please."

"I consent and gladly give."

"Need you to say it too, mother of the bride."

"I consent and gladly give."

"You don't need to do it, but I'll have you do it anyway," says the Doctor to Ave. Someone comes up from behind Ave, making her gasp.

"Kaden?" Belle tears up. He came to their wedding. The Doctor must've invited him.

"I wouldn't have wanted to miss this," Kaden smiles brightly. The Doctor smiles at Belle. She kisses him.

"You're supposed to do that after," says the Doctor after she lets go.

"Oh," Belle giggles. The Doctor shoes them out of the way for a second so that when River looks into the robot's eyes, she could only see him.

"Now River, I'm about to whisper something in your ear, and you have to remember it very, very carefully, and tell no one what I said."

She leans into see him there but sees some of Ave in the corner of his eye. She gasps as he says, "I just told you my name. Now, there you go, River Song. Melody Pond. You're the woman who married me. And wife, I have a request. This world is dying and it's my fault, and I can't bear it another day. Please, help me. There isn't another way."

Belle returns and smiles at the Doctor.

"Then you may kiss the bride," says River, looking into his eyes, but doesn't see Belle, Ave, or Kaden.

"I'll make it a good one."

"You'd better."

"I consent and gladly give," says Kaden as white surrounds them.

"I do," says the Doctor.

"I do," says Belle.

The Doctor and Belle go into a very passionate kiss. They were officially married. (Unlike River who had only married the guy who controlled the robot while the Doctor and Belle actually got married right there.)