fifty-one

After everything that happened with Belle being saved, Cece wanted to go home, so they dropped her off at Belle's place first. She then realized what was going to happen next and wanted to come along on that adventure, but she told Belle to tell 'Sexy' she said hi.

"—And then we discovered it wasn't the Robot King after all, it was the real one. Fortunately, I was able to re-attach the head."

"Do you believe any of this stuff?" Rory asks Amy and Belle.

"I was there," says Amy.

"Me too!" says Belle, nodding.

"Oh, it's the warning lights. I'm getting rid of those. They never stop."

Rory pulls Amy to the side and Belle eyes them suspiciously, but doesn't want to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"...Yeah, two hundred years in the future."

"Yes, but it's still going to happen."

There was a rattle on the TARDIS's door.

" What was that?"

Belle eyes the Doctor suspiciously. He gives her the same look.

"The door. It knocked."

"Right. We are in deep space."

"Very, very deep," the Doctor says.

"How the hell would that happen?" Belle asks the Doctor.

"Right. And somebody's knocking," the Doctor says.

The Doctor opens the doors. A small glowing box is outside.

"Oh, come here. Come here, you scrumptious little beauty."

The box flies inside and ends up hitting the Doctor on the chest.

"A box?"

"What is it?" Belle asks curiously.

"I've got mail. Time Lord emergency messaging system. In an emergency, we'd wrap up thoughts in psychic containers and send them through time and space. Anyway, there's a living Time Lord still out there, and it's one of the good ones."

"You said there weren't any other Time Lords left. Well, you and Belle..."

"There are no Time Lords left anywhere in the universe. But the universe isn't where we're going. See that snake?"

"The mark of the Corsair. Fantastic bloke. He had that snake as a tattoo in every regeneration. Didn't feel like himself unless he had the tattoo. Or herself, a couple of times. Ooo, she was a bad girl."

Belle clears her throat. The Doctor gives her a kiss.

Suddenly there was a bang.

"Oh, what is happening?" Rory asks.

"We're leaving the universe."

"How can you leave the universe?" Amy asks.

"With enormous difficulty. Right now I'm burning up Tardis rooms to give us some welly. Goodbye, swimming pool. Goodbye, scullery. Sayonara, squash court seven."

A whoosh, thump, crash, then all is still and silent.

"So... where are we?" Belle asks.

"Outside the universe, where we've never, ever been."

The lights go out in the TARDIS. Belle panics.

"Is that meant to be happening?"

"By the look on Belle's face, I don't think so," Amy tells him.