F I F T E E N

This ones kinda long, but I bet that won't bother you guys:)

_____________________

hi josie

That was the singular text that made this bonfire a lot more enjoyable.

Jaeda was having the time of her life. And that was truly the only reason why I was staying right now.

Despite Jared's warning, she was talking with Matt Henderson. I made sure she knew, but it seems she has tunnel vision right now. Which is understandable, we all get it at times when we're excited by someone we're interested in. I just don't want her to get hurt.

"Here," Eden says and hands me a red solo cup. My eyes scan the foam on the top of the cup, preventing me from seeing what kind of drink it was. "It's beer. I kind of fucked up the tube from the keg. It splashed everywhere and I filled our cups and ran."

"So you broke it?" I ask.

"...Shut up."

I chuckle. Letting the cup rest against my lips after I take a sip of the foul tasting beer.

"This beer sucks," I say.

"It does," Eden agrees. "Yet this is our third cup."

Third? Have I really been passing the time by drinking? Am I that miserable here?

"At least she's having fun," I say as I watch Jaeda and Matt talk from the other side of the fire. She laughs as he says something to her. "I hope he doesn't hurt her."

"He's going to," Eden says.

I snap my head at her, "You think so?"

"Yes."

"Then why are we sitting here letting it happen?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows. "She's the type to get way too attached."

"I know," Eden says.

"I think I should stop this," I keep my eyes on Jaeda. But she looked so happy. And she hasn't been this happy since her last boyfriend. "Right?"

"We warned her about him again in the car," Eden tells me.

"I'm going to just check in," I say and stand. My brain suddenly feels loopy, or dizzy maybe. The alcohol was suddenly hitting me like a truck. Three beers is a lot for someone who just started drinking.

"Josie," Jaeda smiles, the glow from the fire lighting up her face. "How are you?"

"Drunk enough," I say, glancing over at the Matt kid. My eyes flash back to her. "Are you good?"

"Yeah I'm fine," She says, a big smile on her face. "I'm probably going to leave soon."

Music to my god damn ears.

"I can get Paul to give you a ride," I tell her. I would probably feel better knowing that she would come home with me anyway.

"Paul?" Matt chimes in, "Paul Lahote is giving you a ride home?"

Why the hell did he say it like that?

"We live close enough," I ignore Matt's comment by keeping my eyes on Jaeda.

"I think she's okay."