T W E N T Y

Thanks for your patience guys, this was a tough chapter to write. So with that being said, TW ahead: mentions death of a parent.

If anyone ever needs to talk about anything no matter the subject I'm here for you.

____________

"You are not a cat person."

Paul throws his head back and laughs. It was a real laugh, one that came from the pit of his stomach. One that shows anyone around that they're happy, or enjoying the moment. I don't think I've heard that heavy of a laugh come from him before. It was nice.

"Yeah you're right I'm not a cat person," We both let out a rumbling laugh, even though it wasn't even that funny. I think we were both just having a really good night, and were happy to be with one another.

"I knew it," I tell him, "You don't seem like a cat person at all."

He chuckles, "So you have me all figured out then?" His eyes bore into mine, his arm draped lazily across the back of the couch not entirely touching me but any time I moved it brushed my shoulder.

"Yes, I know every single thing about you," I play along, a smile falling on my lips.

"That's kind of scary Jos."

I laugh, shaking my head at him. He squeezes my knee as he stands from his couch, practically telling me he was joking. He holds his hand out, motioning for me to grab it. So I do, without hesitation and he helps me up. He drops it as soon as he starts walking to the kitchen.

We were at his house, and it wasn't really anything that I had pictured. It was clean, smelled good, and surprisingly very homey. Three men live here, and I've seen Jake's room, I definitely know that boys never clean up after themselves. But it was quite the opposite here.

I watch over his shoulder as he starts to cut up some vegetables. He was making peppers and sausage, which sounded amazing. I was starving.

"Hungry?" Paul asks, extending a cut bell pepper out to me.

"Yes."

I bite into it, smiling up at him as he plops the other half into his mouth. He smiles back, his jaw clenching as he chews the rest of it.

"I wanna know more about you," He says, while I sneak another pepper from the cutting board.

He lets me, even moving his arm to allow me to take more. His arm flexes as he continues chopping up the peppers. I can't help but watch from behind.

"What do you wanna know?" I ask, taking another bite.

"Everything." He glances over at me. "We haven't really talked much about each other in depth."

I nod in agreement, watching as he places some of the sausages in the hot pan. He seems to know what he was doing, there wasn't even a recipe he was following.

"Well," I say, trying to think of something to say. "My favorite color is dark green, I like to read, I like to be outside, and you know I like to watch my movies."

"I do," He flashes me his strikingly white smile, "What kind of books do you like?"

"Anything," I tell him, "I've read almost all of the classics, all the Harry Potter books, and some basic Nicholas Sparks books. I don't know, there's not really a specific genre."

"I like that you like to read," He says, "Not many people do."

I nod, "I like reading about other people's thoughts, it's like I'm seeing the world from a whole different perspective."