Into The Tower - Ep 3

Screams of the dying occupied the once peaceful land. People tumbled over each other and tripped over their own feet, scurrying for safety. None was safe and none was going to survive.

A large torch fell on a hut. It went up in harsh flames instantly. The cruelty of the behavior made the living spit and curse their murderers in the name of the Earth. Horses neighed and trod on the corpses. The riders were the killers. Their faces were covered but the color of their robes laid permanent in the minds of the tribes. It was the color of blood; the blood red cloaks.

The dream made Aliss jolt from her slumber. Her skin was hot and her head dripped of sweat. "Hey! Hey! You're okay. You're safe now". Aliss ignored the words and scanned the environment. She was not in room nor was she in Kimmy's house nor the woods. There was no way she was safe.

The walls of the room were painted in twilight fog and the lining of the bricks were clear as day. Had she somehow traveled back in time? The possibility was high. Magic could do the impossible.

A young male interrupted her debate. His hair was curly and brown. He shaved both sides of his head making his hair fall in his face. His eyes were a sharp hazel and his jawline was sharp. His upper lip and chin were shaven but he had the most attractive side burns. His olive skin crowned his beauty.

His lips were moving. It took Aliss some time to register what he was saying. "Do you want water?" Not trusting her voice, she nodded. He offered her a glass of water. Aliss drank in one gulp and panted. The blur was fading from her vision. The guy collected the glass from her hands and set it on a tray.

"My name is Penn Nadir and you are in my room". He introduced with a warm smile. "And where exactly is your room and how did I get here?" Aliss asked. That was when it hit her. She had on her way home when she was attacked by someone in a red cloak. Her eyes widened and see jumped out of the bed.

"Where is my phone?!" She demanded. Kimmy was probably out on the streets looking for her and her Dad would die from worry. "Please calm down", Penn tried to reason with her, "I know our approach was wrong but we were trying to save you". "You kidnapped me! What kind of sicko calls that saving?!" Her pitch got higher.

Penn wanted to have a private discussion with her before his sister or his teammates returned. He wanted to cover her mouth with his hands but Aliss stretched her hands and his breath hitched. Aliss had again acted in fear. She saw that his throat was turning blue so she dropped her hands. Penn fell down and coughed.

The male sucked in air to return the circulation back to his body. "You're one of them", he coughed out, "you won't leave here alive without my help". "And why should I trust you?" Aliss snarled, "you tried to kill me today and now, you kidnapped me". "I'm not a true son of my mother. That's all I can tell you".

On another hand, Kimmy pestered her mother who was cooking dinner. "I promised I'll help her make a costume for tomorrow", Kimmy whined, "she already feels bad about not being asked. Eomma! Please!" Mrs. Zhou formerly Cha Eun Ye sighed, "you are always putting that girl in danger", she scolded her daughter, "promise that there will be no mischief".

"Cross my heart", Kimmy lied proudly, "I will be as peaceful as halmeoni's grave". "Aish! Do not speak about my mother like that!" Eun Ye hit Kimmy with a serving spoon, "fine! You can go. Make sure to wear your coat and scarf and boots". "Thank you!" Kimmy dashed out of the kitchen.

She dressed appropriately to fit the weather. "Come on! Pick up your phone!" Kimmy cursed at the device in her hands. Aliss knew that she was a worry wart so she could never break such a promise. Her phone vibrated in her hands. Her almost relieved smile turned to a ghost one. It was Mr. Patterson.