Into The Day - Ep 6

"You thought fast", Aliss stood up, "she's already healed. We just need to give her time to wake up". "It was on impulse", Kimmy fiddled with her pendant, obviously still shaken up, "there was blood everywhere. It might have been an ink blue color but it..." "It reminded you of me, didn't it?" Aliss completed her statement, "why don't you and I have a chat while we wait for Vorine, okay?" "Okay". Kimmy nodded, empty minded.

Aliss had just finished with a fourth Third Way location when she got Kimmy's frantic message. Vorine had a stab wound to her stomach like Cedar and Kimmy had placed the pendant on it, healing most of the wound. She was unsure that it would work on Creatures of the Night but the flashback to Aliss's death made her react. Aliss transported all of them to Lucian's keeping in mind that whomever tried to hurt the Lemin could have tracked her to Meadow's house.

"I know you want to talk about my health but honestly, I'm fine". Kimmy said, touching herself all over to emphasize her point. "I know that you're fine physically but something's wrong in there", Aliss pointed at her chest, "you could have died from that heart attack and I can't bring you back".

"I know you can't bring me back but you're not the only one who gets to make sacrifices in this relationship".

"Oh really? If I remember clearly, you gave up a year of school just so I wouldn't feel lonely".

"Because I was the one who caused your accident in the first place".

"What about ignoring the pain of your brother's deaths to help me find the Leaves?"

"They would have been happily dead the first time if I didn't stubbornly go to China. Heck! I wanted you to come with me".

"We can argue back and forth all day but that doesn't change the fact that you're not well", Aliss sighed, "Kimmy, you're not my sidekick or a supporting character in my story. You have a life to live, your own story to create...my problems have caused you enough pain".

Aliss placed a hand on Kimmy's thigh, "I wish I could bring back that serpent so that I can kill her for what she did to you but I can't change the past and neither can you", she said softly, "and you're so caught up in all the negatives that you've failed to remember how I found you in the first place. Even before all my powers, you showed me kindness, genuine kindness when I didn't deserve it".

"All I did was help you around school and introduce you to my crazy Mom". Kimmy chuckled dryly.

"Well, those two things made me feel like I mattered. It made me feel like I was at least doing one thing right and ever since then, you've stayed by my side through life and death. Literally! When someone looks up 'ride or die', your picture should be on the page". "Stop it", Kimmy's eyes leaked happy tears, "I'm already crying". "I love you, Kimmy Su but it's time", Aliss was tearing up too, "it's time for you to be the lead. Whatever you choose to do after this, I'll be by your side every step of the way". "Thank you, Aliss and I love you too".

They shared a long hug, laying bare all their feelings, worries and hopes. A soft knock on the door paused their moment. "Not to disturb but the...I don't know what to call her..." Jim scratched his head nervously. "She's a Lemin, Mr. P. Not to be mistaken with lemon". Kimmy joked. "Fine", Jim rolled his eyes, "she's awake".

Kimmy and Aliss joined the rest in the living room. "I would bow but I'm certain my insides would rip". Vorine sat up, wincing slightly. "That's very unnecessary", Aliss said, "just tell me how you got injured". "A Sprite's scepter. Who'd have thought that ball on stick was sharp? Full disclosure, her teeth would be knocked in on first sight".

"Permission granted", Aliss passed a glare at Kimmy who was stifling a laugh, "why would a Sprite try to kill you?"

"Because I was on my way to deliver crackling news. I'd bet the flying cabbage didn't even know what I wanted to say".