Into The Jungle - Ep 10

Aliss cursed internally as her ears picked up tiny sounds. It meant that she had passed out again. "This is all my fault", Kimmy sniffed, "I should have let her rest. All she wanted to do was save me. Please Aliss, wake up". "She has a strong spirit. She will wake very soon". The voice belonged to Valar. "Are you sure?" Valar must have nodded because Kimmy stayed silent.

Aliss squeezed her eyes then blinked. Her fingernails scratched up some dirt and a fly tickled her nose. "Where am I?" Her voice came out as a groggy sound. "Aliss!" Kimmy hugged her tightly, "I thought I lost you again. The last time was totally my fault and if it happened again, I would never forgive myself. I can't believe I was so stupid to..." "Kimmy breathe! You're gonna have a heart attack", Aliss chuckled weakly, "you can't get rid of me easily".

She was helped to a sitting position. "The woods", Aliss eyed her surrounding, "that explains a lot". "We were going to take you to a hospital but you were k-kinda bleeding and it d-didn't look good". Kimmy stuttered. Aliss quirked her eyebrows. She knew her best friend well enough to know that she was always confident and chatty.

"That is a subtle way of putting it, Kimmy Su". A new person joined their conversation. "Dr. Foster? What are you doing here?" Aliss pulled Kimmy shirt and whispered, "what is she doing here?" "Do not be alarmed Alissandra", Dr. Foster smiled, "I am an ally; a friend even".

Dr. Foster was a middle aged woman who had a stunning height of 6ft. Her skin was a smooth onyx color, her eyes were a sharp amber and her hair was brown which had been straightened to a shoulder length. She monitored Aliss's condition during her comatosed state and she personally administered the necessary medications.

"You know about this world? You can see Valar?" Aliss questioned, still skeptical about the doctor. "Of course, I see Valar", Dr. Foster crouched down, "and between you and me, I am a part of this world". Her eyes glowed white for a second before returning to normal.

"As I was saying, you were bleeding not just from your wounds but from your nose. It was an odd color; a Prussian blue is I am not mistaken. Humans can see you. If any word of what occurred got out, our world would be in danger".

"From where I'm sitting, it seems 'our' world is the dangerous one".

"I understand that this may be hard for you but you must..."

"No, you don't!" Aliss suddenly snapped, "you don't understand how hard this had been for me! As if being in a coma for a year and losing my memories wasn't enough, I have to face this new life where everyone at every corner wants me dead. You could never understand".

No one reacted. Aliss sighed and rubbed her head, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell. I'm just tired". "On the contrary, you should express those emotions more", Dr. Foster stood, "holding them in must be the reason why any spike sends a signal to the whole realm".

Aliss was very confused. Dr. Foster crossed her arms and leaned against a tree, "magic is a strong core", she explained, "it is fueled by many things. I may be a doctor but I do not have records of every magical being. What I do know is that emotions make magic rabid. The more you feel, the more it seeps out".

"So you're saying the more Aliss feels, the easier it is for some psycho to find her?" Kimmy asked. "Psycho is not a word I would use but yes. A single moment of panic sends a shiver down the spine of every nonhuman creature". Dr. Foster nodded. Aliss's eyes widened in realization. "During the game on Friday, I was feeling a bit off and then I saw some birds flying. I thought an animal scared them off. That was me?" She said. "Yes. Animals of Earth cannot interpret your signature because they are not familiar with it. However, they will react".

Aliss sighed again. Not only was she an unstable magical being but she was a walking tracker. "Help me up". She ordered her best friend. "I still think you should rest". Kimmy argued. "My Dad said he was gonna be home early and he expects me to be in bed. We already had a fight this morning. I don't wanna make things worse". Aliss countered. They glared at each other until Kimmy threw in the towel.