Into The Tower - Ep 7

Penn glided cooly into the elevator. His mother had provided him with Aliss's room number and doctor's name. He pressed the button of the floor he was headed to. The doors almost closed when a hand stopped it. The person entered and the doors shut.

Penn sniffed the air. The male's cologne rang a bell. His side eye peeked at him. He immediately knew where he had encountered the male. "Hey!" He greeted, "you're the guy from the grocery store. I tried looking for you. You dropped this". Leati made a sharp turn to inspect the item. His eyes widened when his saw his most priced possession in the hands of the stranger. It was necklace made out of his mother's fang.

Leati made a move to snatch it but Penn pulled back. "Not so fast", he said, "you owe me an energy drink for all the running around I did to find you". "Fine!" Leati gritted his teeth, "can I have it now?" Penn thought about it for a minute, "if I give it to you, how do I know you won't disappear again?" He said through a smug smile, "I'll hold unto it until you buy me that drink". Leati wanted to scream but the guy was human. His outburst could expose their Pride.

The elevator dinged and the two got off in the same direction. Leati eyed Penn suspiciously and Penn returned the favor. They both stopped outside of Aliss's door. "I'm sorry, are you following me?" Leati was irritated. "You're so full of yourself", Penn rolled his eyes, "if you must know, my friend is in this ward. Why are you here?" "I'm her older brother". Was his answer. Both answers were false. Leati, however, knew Penn had lied. He was determined to find out why.

Doctor Foster was doing rounds of her patients when she saw the two males. "You can see her for a few minutes", she said to Penn, "Leati, a word?" Leati growled under his breath as Penn went in. "What are you doing here?" She asked, checking her sides to confirm that no one was listening in, "and who did you bring?"

"We didn't come together. He said he's a friend but that's a lie".

"Red Cloak?" Leati peeped through the window. He saw Penn staring down at Aliss with his hands tucked in his pockets. "Maybe but he isn't here to hurt her", Leati shook his head, "Aliss did mention a Red Cloak called Penn who wanted to help her escape. He fits the description". "Keep an eye out. Red Cloaks are not to be trusted". She left with the warning.

Leati watched Penn talk to Aliss. He wondered what the male could possibly have to tell. On the other hand, Penn was making small talk with the unconscious girl. In truth, he found it difficult to control his beating heart. Something about Leati's presence affected his entire thinking.

Fate decided to favor Penn. A faint glow emerged from Aliss's chest. Leati heard a high pitch ringing in his head then the piercing scream of Emmil. His claws ripped out the human finger and his eyes glowed. Penn, who was concerned for Aliss ran out to fetch her 'brother' but he's eyes had been rendered ignorant. Leati noticed the glow in Aliss's chest and immediately left the premises. His Pride was in danger.

                        * * * *

Kimmy and Eun Ye visited the hospital at 2. Jim had returned to his chair which he only left because Dr. Foster insisted that he take a shower. "We can't do anything with Mr P watching", Kimmy whispered to her mother, "do you think you can distract him?" "Kimmy Su! I would never disrespect your father like that. How can you ask such a thing?!" Eun Ye panicked.

"Mom, what are you talking about?"

"You said I should distract him meaning you wanted me to flir..."

"No! Ewww! Mom!" Kimmy groaned, understanding the miscommunication, "I meant like lure him out of the room with an excuse. Tell him you can't find the bathroom or you need to get checked for a bad headache". "Oh!" Eun Ye flushed in embarrassment, "sorry for yelling. Your father did say those TV shows were bad for my mind". "And he is always right".