Into The Folk - Ep 7

"This is insane, Kimmy", Eun Ye knocked on the door, "your father will call in an hour. You can hear the truth from him". "The truth is they're dead", Kimmy choked on her sobs, "the guardian angel knows everything". "Please honey, let's talk about this". Eun Ye sighed and rubbed her forehead.

When the rain is heavy,
when the thunder scares you
just call my name and I'll be there.
When the bath is too hot,
when the food is too spicy
just yell for me and it'll be fine.

Mommy and Daddy loves you
Mommy and Daddy adore you
Even when no one cares,
we'll always be here.

Eun Ye sang the song in Korean, taking Kimmy back to when she was a toddler. Her Mom sang that for her each time she cried and at the end of the day, things turned out well. Kimmy wiped her face and went to open the door.

Eun Ye cheered internally as she heard the doorknob turn. She was doubtful that the song would be effective. "It's been long since you sang that to me". Was all Kimmy said in a weak voice. "I thought you got over it when you started growing older", Eun Ye smothered her hair and face with kisses, "never think for a second that I stopped because I didn't love you. I do. Your father and I love you so much and even if..." She swallowed hard, "...even if something is wrong with your brothers, we would get through it together".

Kimmy nodded and cringed with guilt. She had been so selfish. She missed her brothers everyday but they was no strong connection between them. Her mother, however, might have just lost her children. Kimmy wiped her face and said, "you're right. We'll be fine even you, Mom". "Now that's my girl".

"Glad to see my two favorite ladies are fine". "Dad!" Kimmy screamed and ran into her father's arms. Jeng Mi Zhou was  a forsenic anthropologist who work in the National Forensic Lab in Washington which made him absent from home. Eun Ye had called him to give him and update but the matter was too delicate to discuss over the phone.

"You didn't tell me you were coming". Eun Ye finally recovered from the shock. "I didn't want to make you worry. I was actually on my way", Jeng explained, "we had three new interns so I was given three days off". "We are so happy to see you". She kissed his cheek and carried his bags.

Kimmy dragged her father into her room. "I am so glad to see you. You never come home". She whined. "It's for your own good. Remember when I worked in Meredith and those criminals followed you to school? I still have a target on my back so the farther away I am, the best".

"I know you both want to protect me but I'm not a little girl anymore. What I need is my family".

"And we will do better from today. How are you holding up?"

Kimmy twisted her lips, "not so good but I want to know if it's true. I want to see them myself", she said, "I want to go to China". Jeng's brown eyes widened and a few strands of his black hair stood. "China? Honey, we can't let you go back there", Jeng shook his head, "we left to avoid our enemies even before you were born. These charms may heal but we are nothing more than humans. We might as well slit our wrists and walk into a lion's den".

"What if we have the firepower to fight? Then can we go?"

"What are you trying to say?"

"Aliss has what we need. I could ask her to come with me".

Jeng got up from the bed, "absolutely not!" He rebuked the idea, "your mother told me how you girls almost got yourselves killed. I am not sending you there neither am I putting Aliss at risk. No one is going back and that's final!" Kimmy had never seen her father aggravated. His behavior stunned her yet she was determined to do as she wished. What they don't know can't hurt them.