Into The Day - Ep 9

Aliss's head was spinning but she kept looking between the two males to pick up any resemblance. Their eyes were the same color, obviously but everything else was unmatched. Lucian's hair was black and straight, his chin was neatly shaved of any hair, his nose was gently curved and he had high cheekbones.

"The Leaves of Night belong to you. You can call it to you from anywhere in the world". Lucian said. Aliss stretched her hands and scrunched her forehead in concentration. True to Lucian's words, the book struggled from Lucifer's grip and entered her palm. Aliss chained it to her waist and crossed her arms. Her confidence was renewed and she was in control again.

"It didn't cross your mind to mention that our enemy was your brother?" She said, spitefully. "I was unaware until the day you confronted him", Lucian explained, "I assumed he never made it through since your mother entrusted you in my care". "Why do you keep bringing her up? What does my Mom have to do with any of this?" "Because she started it all. She made the crack". "What?" Both Aliss and Lucifer exclaimed.

Lucian sighed and took a step back so that he was looking at both of them at the same time. "Elemia was already an abomination according to the Watchers. They had given her leave to do everything else except use her magic", he began the narration, "so she made friends, picked flowers in the garden and like most beings, she fell in love".

"No one was against her love but the one whom she chose to love. You see, the Watchers had given her an ultimatum; she had to be with either a witch or a fairy or be with no one at all. Elemia, however, was stubborn so she continued her affairs in secrecy. The problem with secrets is that they don't stay hidden for long".

"The Watchers discovered that Elemia met with her Daemon lover even after their ultimatum. Her actions forced them to steal the power of compulsion from the Fairies. They forced Elemia to part ways with her lover but the damage had been done; she was with child".

"The Sisters of Life warned them about the dangers attached to letting the child live. The combination of all three magic was a disaster waiting to happen so the Watchers did what they were thought was best. They buried the child alive and forced Elemia to watch. It was a stern warning to all witches not to make the same mistake but something strange happened".

"Hours had passed and rightly, the child should have died under the earth but when Elemia went to sleep, she heard the cries of her baby in her dreams. That small shard of hope that her little girl could still be alive made her dig the grave and there the baby was, alive and well".

"The Watchers saw this and pursued Elemia. She knew her daughter could never be safe here so she went to the gates. She was ready to use all her magic, cry, beg and hit the gates as long as it opened and she could send her child to the human realm. Unfortunately, nothing made a common dent on the gates".

"The Watchers had caught up to her and they were ready to kill both mother and child. Elemia put down her baby to plead for their lives when it happened. During her escape through the forest, a branch had scrapped the head of the girl. Once the blood dripped on the gates, it cracked open sucking Elemia, the child, the Watchers and many other Creatures of the Night. The confusion of being in the human realm gave her a chance to escape but Elemia knew the Watchers would come for them so she hid her girl in an ice bud in hopes that by the time the spell would be broken, the world would be a safe place for her daughter to live in and that is how we arrived at this point".

Lucian faced Aliss, "you are that child, Alissandra", then he turned to Lucifer, "and you are that lover, Lucy". Horror was the expression on the girl's face. "He's my father?" She asked, shaking her head, "are you sure, Lucian?" "Alissandra..." Lucifer tried saying but she shushed him. "Lucian, tell me everything you said is a lie", the initial shock she felt was gone and all she felt was anger, "tell me!" "I wish I could. I am truly sorry, Aliss". Lucian said, remorsefully.