Into The Onion - Ep 9

Eun Ye dusted her coat and knocked. She didn't hear footsteps so she knocked again. "Jim, open up! It's Eun Ye!" She called out. Silence remained her answer. The woman sighed and pulled out a key from the flower pot kept at the foot of the door. Entering the house, she was first hit with the stench of rotten food and dirty laundry. "My goodness!" She exclaimed. She had called him everyday since the funeral and he sounded well on the phone. When Kimmy explained what happened in school the day before, she knew it was time to physically see Jim and her instincts had been spot on. This is going to be a long day.

                          * * * *

After the hospital revelations, Kimmy and Penn concluded that they needed all hands on deck. Penn was going to talk to Leati if he could get Valar to speak with the Mother and Kimmy and Rora would find Meadow. There were hundreds of Wayfarers in the world and an unknown number of creatures that were planning an attack. Without Aliss, it was impossible to fight them off so they were hoping to convince the Folk to break the tradition of a million years by canceling the festival.

"No!" Meadow said sharply. "No?" Kimmy scoffed, "I don't think you heard the part when I said an army is coming for the Folk". "I heard you clearly but the festival cannot be canceled not for a thunderstorm, not for fire and brimstones and certainly not from speculations of an attack".

"Specula...are you listening to yourself? Meadow, you were there when we fought creature experiments! And I don't see Aliss anywhere!" The mention of Aliss made Meadow's guise fall. "Come in quickly!" A confused Kimmy and Rora walked in and she slammed the door.

"Meadow, what is going on?" Kimmy was worried. "I'm sorry, Kimmy", the white haired girl exhaled, "I've been so wrapped up in Court politics that I'm losing myself". "I thought the Folk was peaceful".

"It is but there's a lot that's done to maintain that peace. If I didn't swear an oath, I would have left".

"Can you get the festival canceled?"

"Unfortunately, no. Mother would never agree. Is there anyway to fight them?"

"Even with a Watcher's powers, we might be able to just hold them off. Guess what? The last witch is dead. We have no chance at winning". "Um, can I say something?" Rora raised her hand. "I am so sorry. Meadow, meet Rora Kim and Rora, this is Meadow Lnglise", Kimmy introduced, "Meadow is a Pixie and currently a Seelie in Court". "I thought Seelies were fairies". Rora raised an eyebrow. "Seelie is a title for those who work in Court", Meadow explained, "and Court is usually only made up of fairies but they're all gone". "Not all of them". Kimmy motioned at Rora's hair. Meadows eyes grew wide like saucers.

Suddenly, she fell on her knees. "I am honored by your presence". "Oh no, no, no", Rora helped her up, "you don't have to bow. I don't know even how this all works yet". "Kimmy Su, your solution is right here", Meadow smiled, "fairies have the power of compulsion. The Watchers absorbed little of that power. They used it to force the fairies never to compel and dominate the other Creatures of the Night. Why fight when you can just tell them to surrender?" Kimmy stared at Rora. Everything truly was up to the new girl.

                         * * * *

"He isn't speaking to anyone but try. Maybe you can get through to him". Callisa called Emmil to accompany her in getting fruits. He was going to be king someday and she wanted him to be prepared. "Sure thanks". Penn thanked her. He found Leati sitting at the edge of a lake.

Leati was staring at his reflection in the water. "Whatever it is you want to say, I don't wanna hear". He sneered. "Well, that's too bad because I'm going to talk anyways", Penn sat a safe distance beside him, "Rora's agreed to help. Cedar told us about his attack and we think Lucian has the Way under his wings and he's going to attack the Folk during the Festival of Spring".