Into The Day - Ep 10

Five months later...

"Aliss!" "Kimmy!" The two ran to hug the other. "OMG! I missed you". Kimmy was squealing. "I missed you more", Aliss said, "how was the trip or trips?" "It was amazing!" Kimmy pulled off her backpack, ready to show pictures, "I might be banned from like thirteen places but it was so worth it!"

"How about you show her after we reach the house? Girls these days!" Eun Ye and Jeng chuckled. "Mr and Mrs, Zhou", Aliss hugged them and asked, "how was the flight? Not too rough I hope". "They could have given me three extra pillows", Eun Ye rolled her eyes dramatically, "but it wasn't all bad".

"And where do you plan to keep all those pillows?" Jeng raised an eyebrow, teasingly.

"On your seat, of course. You could have stayed on the floor, in the bathroom or in the room with all the suitcases".

"And who will give me massages for all the body pain?"

Eun Ye glared at him, knowing that she had lost that argument. "They've been bickering like that all summer", Kimmy whispered, "I'm so happy for them". "You're happy that they're fighting over little things?" Aliss looked at her best friend like she was crazy. "Yeah", Kimmy said in a 'duh' tone, "the little fights bring them closer. I don't know if it's an Asian thing but when partners get on each other's nerves, it keeps the relationship standing. It's like you and me sometimes".

"How?"

"I always drag you into a dangerous situation and even when we get hurt, you never push me away instead..."

"It makes me want to babysit you more", Aliss finally understood the logic.

"It's like reverse psychology but in a more romancy way".

"Nice", Aliss nodded, "and in a sense, it's kinda healthy". "Right?" Kimmy latched unto her arm, "now would you please take us home? I wanna sit in my own bed".

The Zhous had taken a well earned vacation trip all over their home countries. They had visited all the places on the postcards Yoon and Xian sent. Lucian generously sponsored the trip. He had more money than he could spend so he offered it to the family as a form of gratitude for all the years of their unwavering commitment to the Creatures of the Night.

"Sure. Your ride's this way". Aliss helped her roll one of her suitcases to the car she'd ordered. Kimmy smile dropped, "you ordered us an Uber?" She asked, "I thought you were gonna, you know, teleport?" "Nope", Aliss put the bags in the trunk, "can't use magical transport on humans unless in case of an emergency". "Are you for real?" "Yes, Kimmy Su. I am for real. I shouldn't force anyone to follow the rules if I'm not gonna follow them myself".

"And we appreciate it, don't we Kimmy Su Zhou?" Mrs. Zhou gave her a hard stare. Kimmy just crossed her arms and frowned. "This behavior is why you were banned from those places. No one believed you were an adult". Jeng added. Her father's words only made the girl's frown deeper. "If you're gonna be this childish about a car ride then maybe you're not ready to see the island". Aliss shrugged in a pretend innocence knowing fully well she was baiting Kimmy. Kimmy immediately jumped into the car and put her seatbelt. "Let's go!" She shouted. The three laughed and joined her inside.

A lot had happened since the day the Nether World fell. Aliss tried opening the gates but none of her spells worked. It was a huge risk having all the Creatures of the Night or Day (as Kimmy called them) walking amongst humans so Aliss created an island in the Atlantic Ocean.

The land was warded by serious magic so human nor their creations could ever see or feel the island. The Creatures that had been trapped in the Nether World made it their new home. The other creatures around the world preferred to stay in their various locations in secrecy but promised Aliss to go to the Island whenever their inner selves needed to unwind. Kimmy had offered to help manage the affairs on the Island. She was eager to teach the creatures all about the human realm.