2

After departing from your clan three years ago, you created a comfortable life living amongst non-sorcerers. The new change felt so refreshing. It didn't feel like you're living in a toxic waste where people were bringing you down. You've never been this content in a long time.

Drinking your latte at a coffee shop, your lips pressed against the rim of the porcelain cup and tilted it up to let the warm liquid enter into your mouth. It tasted delicious as it gave you the energy to keep pushing through your work. You were employed at an advertising agency and had some assignments to finish. Just being outside of your house made you productive compared to being at home where you felt lazy to do anything. You're glad this place was close to home, maybe like an eight minute walk.

You hummed to yourself, figuring out how to make this client happy with your ideas. Your boss told you that this client was a difficult one to please and turned down many proposals. It was hard to work while giving it your all because it gnawed at the back of your head. You did well succeeding in other projects but this one was a challenge. You prayed to make your client satisfied.

"Advertisement campaign for a hair product." A soft, modulated voice spoke from behind.

"Huh?" You looked behind you to find a handsome young man looking at your paper. His sleek black hair was tied in a low bun, he wore monk clothes, and noticeable gauge earlobes popped in your view.

Then the man chuckled, pulling back from your personal space as you spotted him. "I'm sorry! I was just curious about your work since I noticed you haven't touched your paper for the last 15 minutes. I'm Geto Suguru!"

"Uh... should I be concerned about you watching me for the last 15 minutes? Because that's creepy... I'm not interested in talking to creeps like you." You bluntly spoke. You didn't want to get wrapped into some sketchy situation where you get killed or kidnapped. Stranger danger.

"Well, no stranger would freely give out their name to you. Do you want to see my ID?" Geto beamed you a charismatic smile as it fluttered your heart. The way his eyes gently gazed at you and his lips held a beautiful grin, immediately captured your breath.

The more you kept your eyes on him, the more you were falling deeper into his alluring nature. "I-I didn't ask for your name! Now please let me do my work!" You turned away from him and tried putting your full attention back to your work.

"Alright, if you say so. I'll check back on you in 15 minutes again. I hope to see progress."

What a weirdo... We don't even know each other and he's acting like we do. I should leave as soon as possible! Right before he comes back in 15 minutes! Gosh, my heart is speeding from the anxiety that he caused! You said to yourself, trying to program your brain to switch into working mode. As soon as you got your shit together, you could leave the cafe and never return for a while. You didn't want to meet him again. Maybe not right now or forever. Who knows?

Time was ticking and your pencil didn't scratch the paper. Your brain was fried by brainstorming proposals for the client. There wasn't anything outstanding, giving it a wow factor but a slap in the face. It's the same old recycled ideas that kept popping back into your head.

"Ah, I'm malfunctioning...! I can't do this now. My brain needs a break or else it'll need to be replaced." You dropped your pencil and drank your latte down in a panic. It was just a big wall in front of you. You couldn't climb over it, jump over it, or anything because you couldn't think outside of the box. "Goddamn..." You sighed, slouching in your chair and leaning your head back with your eyes closed.

Not even 15 minutes passed before Geto came to check up on you. He was too antsy to keep himself away from you. He wanted to see how far you've gotten.