20

Eating your snack in the break room, the door opened and a voice called out to you. "Oh, if it isn't y/n!" You turned your head to find it was Gakuganji, the old frail man.

"Yes sir it is. Do you have business with me or are you just passing by?" Normally, you never care to converse with a member of the higher ups because you could care less but maybe this time you'll gain something from it. Hopefully they knew a Minato in their talking group.

Gakuganji entered inside, using his wooden cane to guide him the way. He slowly made it to the sofa across from you and pleasantly smiled. "I just wanted to make sure you're okay after your mission. It must've been traumatic not being able to save those islanders! It's so cowardly of them to kill themselves afterwards."

Oh? Is he trying to get me to react? Then I'll play his game. I hope he doesn't suspect anything from me because Airi did all the killing while I manipulated her feelings. You said to yourself.

Your facial muscles weakened as you frowned, casting a regretful look on your face. "I know... If there were signs... we would've stopped her! But it was too late. Those poor people who had to die by her hands instead of facing justice for killing the tourists are so awful!! The tourists' loved ones needed to know how and why they went missing and never came back, but now they're left to mourn without answers." You rambled on, telling Gakuganji about cold cases going unsolved or a murderer taking their own life to escape jail time. You went off a tangent so he could forget why he's even talking to you.

"Ahh, for sure. But y/n, were you and Gojo okay? No big fights ensued between you two?"

Your eyes widened at his question, shocked by this you chuckled nervously. "Wow, I didn't know the higher ups would care if we got along... especially when you guys prearranged this. It was...uncomfortable. Never again, please. It's hard enough to work with him in this school." You didn't want to reveal too much about your relationship with Gojo to them because you didn't trust them. You never know what they're going to do with the given information. It's just a bad feeling in your stomach in general.

"At least no one was hurt. You guys did well!"

You honestly didn't know why Gakuganji was here. The conversation felt so forced and awkward. You didn't want to talk about your mission anymore. Too much went on and you wanna flush it down your memory. It's time for you to change the topic.

"Oh! Would you know any good places to get cursed tools? My weapon is getting a bit dull. The usual person I go to is booked out for three or four months. Just wondering if you would know since any weapon dealer has to be approved by the higher ups."

Gakuganji played with his long beard, thinking who would be available at this time. It's common for sorcerers who fought with weapons to get their tools replaced every few months so that business was always booming. "Hmmm, you know what... I think I do! He's a young lad who started his own shop. We approved it not too long ago. His name is Sato Minato. He's not well known yet and is still trying to gain clients. Why don't you check him out?"

"Oh, great!!" You exclaimed in delight as you smiled brightly. "That would be wonderful! Where is he located?! I wanna check it out after work!"

/

At the end of the day, you were humming to yourself on your school computer in your office. You were looking up Minato's shop on maps.

KNOCK KNOCK

Someone knocked gently on your opened door, and you lifted your head above your computer screen to see the annoying, bloodsucking leech Gojo. You rolled your eyes at the sight of him as you shook your head in disappointment.