Chapter Thirteen

What if....Max and Lucas celebrated Valentine's Day together? (Fluff and light Smut)

Happy Valentine's Day lovelies! Here's a gift to you all ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🤍💖

******************

"Lucas almost ready?!"

"Yeah mom!" Lucas calls out, him putting his backpack over his back. He smiles as he grabs the orange present bag and the small little grocery bag as well. He goes to look in the mirror, taking a little shaky breath as he looks at his blue simple polo T shirt and black jeans and blue sneakers, him just shrugging his shoulders a little before he makes his way out of the room, going into the backseat with Erica while Charles and Sue are in the front.

"Looking dazzling Lucas." Sue says with a smile, looking at him through the rear view mirror while she drives.

"Mom stop." Lucas rolls his eyes, but a light smile being on his face. "But thanks. You don't think it's too much right?"

Charles laughs. "Man he is the same way when I got dressed nice for you."

"Yes he is." Sue smiles. "Don't worry Lucas Max is going to love it."

"Or she'll think you're ready to get sun burnt while playing a game of golf." Erica shrugs.

"Erica!"

"Just the facts!"

"You know Erica normally I would say something back but nothing is going to ruin my mood." Lucas says before looking ahead of him and smiling. "It's Valentines Day."

Ah yes...Valentines Day.

The day for love and appreciation of the significant other. Lucas never thought that he would be celebrating Valentines Day or get excited over it, but ever since Max has come into his life he has.

Especially all that has happened as well, with her almost dying, Lucas told himself that it will be no more closing up, doesn't matter how intense Max will be or stubborn she might be he doesn't care, he won't let himself become distanced from her ever again. He can tell she still struggles just a little, they haven't actually technically gotten together because...

Maybe Lucas has been to scared to pop the question.

But they act like a couple regardless, he holds her hand as they walk through the halls and she lets him. She leans on him, she lets him kiss her, hug her, touch her even but never to the main thing. He just fears that she would end up getting scared and say no and try and push him away again, and he doesn't want that. Despite his fears he tells himself he cannot hide behind his fears, so today after school when he goes over to Max's place he is going to ask her.

He's going to pop the question.

"You're such a nerd." Erica shakes her head with a eye roll, going back to look at her Nintendo.

"Erica you won't think so once you find a man you love." Sue says.

"Yeah I just rather be alone with my Nintendo here. Me and him, are all good." Erica states matter of factly.

"How can she find someone when she is the pure definition of Godzilla?" Lucas questions with a smile.

"And how do you technically have a girlfriend when you are to scared to ask her back out?"

"I'm waiting!"

"On what for you to grow a pair?"

"Erica!"

"Just the facts!"

"I don't need to listen to you." Lucas says while turning away.

"Wait you haven't asked Max out Lucas? I thought you both were doing well." Sue mentions.