Chapter Fifty Seven

What if....Max 'died' seven months ago with a stab wound but she ends up coming back? (Angst)

Pretty sure you requested this because you wanted to see how the roles would be reversed by another cause of 'death' NotGodsimp      

~

Rain

Lucas always wondered how the earth knew when to rain. On people's sad days or at funerals. All of his life he remembers rainy days, it was the days where he just felt down about something or when he was caught doing something wrong or against the 'parent rules' of the house causing for him to be grounded. He remembers how he would just look out of the window, watching how the water droplets would hit against his window, hit against the road, the cars driving down the street.

But today is different.

Lucas stands in his all black attire, black buttoned up shirt, black suit pants, black vest, black shoes and a black suit jacket. He never really liked the rain water hitting against him, at any normal time he would have an umbrella. This time he doesn't care, he really doesn't care about much anymore.

He stands in front of Max's tombstone, showing her date of birth and date of death. Seven months, seven months he has had to endure a world without her, without the love of his life. He already saw her potentially die and come back with the whole Vecna situation. But he got her back, she healed and she was able to regain her sight after countless eye doctors.

Only to have her taken away from him once again.

He remembers that night like it was yesterday.

"Max why aren't you answering?" Lucas questions while holding the phone to his ear. "Call me back!"

"Lucas please help me." Max cries while she is tied to a chair, a man holding a gun and a knife in his hand while he talks to himself, him slapping the gun against his head a little bit with his eyes closed.

"Tell me where she is!" The man yells at her.

"I don't know what you are talking about!" Max cries.

"Tell me where she is or I'll kill you!" He yells.

"Please! No no no!" Max cries when he stabs her right in the stomach, roughly taking the knife out and stabbing her again, making Max spit out blood.

"Max!" Lucas cries out while going over to her, the man quickly running away while the cops go to try and run after him. "No no no baby! Baby come on don't do this to me! Come on hang in there don't do this to me again I beg of you!" He cries while untying her, going to apply pressure to her stab wounds.

Max coughs out blood while looking at him. "Lu...Lucas."

"I'm here baby." He cries, the others quickly going to her.

"MAX!" Eleven screams out, her falling on her knees.

"Come on Max don't FUCKING DO THIS TO ME AGAIN!" Lucas sobs out when her eyes begin to close, her body no longer moving.

"No Max!"

"Max!"

"No!"

Eleven slowly leaves out of the hospital room, Lucas being the first to stand up while looking at her with expectant eyes. Eleven slowly shakes her head while looking at him with teary eyes.

"No." Lucas voice cracks, him going over to her and dropping on his knees, taking her hands. "Please bring her back! You did it before please!"

"Lucas I can't—"