Chapter Fifty Five

What if....We saw what happened after Dear Billy AND if Dustin went on the boat with Steve Eddie Robin and Nancy leaving Lucas and Max talk about their feelings? (Light Angst)

@Randomwatcherofsadie Thank you for the request! I hope you enjoy this as well as everyone else. (The music is beautiful and angelic I love it)

***********************************************

Wide open eyes.

Max sucks in a hard sharp breath as well as let out a hard gasp out of her throat making her chest hurt, her falling down to the ground at her side. She hears how Steve screams her name, Max frantically looking around with wide eyes, her hands feeling the grass and her breaths trying to steady to no avail.

She feels arms go around her, immediately recognizing his touch, immediately recognizing his warm embrace as he brings her in closer to him, immediately recognizing his comfort. Her hands immediately go to him on reflex while she let's out scared breaths that hurts her chest. One hand gripping at his forearm, the other one clinging onto the upper part of his arm while he hugs her tightly. She hears the constant sayings of her name in a panic.

"It's okay, it's okay, it's okay, it's okay." Lucas continues to say in a light panic, his breaths even frantic from the scene as he hugs her, her still breathing out heavily and her gripping onto him. "We thought we lost you." He pants a little.

"I'm still here, I'm still here." Max says, her breaths still a little shaky, but her feeling herself begin to calm down a little bit.

"Holy shit, holy shit." Lucas says a little bit to himself while hugging Max.

"I'm still here." Max says again. Honestly she doesn't know if she is saying this to assure them or herself. It makes her shake while she closes her eyes, she has never felt such a feeling before, even more worse then a high drop on a roller coaster. Almost like a feeling of her free falling without any parachute for protection, without anything but seeing the bare concrete ground coming closer and closer while the sounds of the wind like ravenous flies screaming in her ears, just fear bubbling up in her stomach.

It was worse.

Max slowly begins to open her eyes, feeling Steve and Dustin's hands on each of her shoulders, Lucas still hugging her. Steve breaths out in pure relief while falling on his bottom while running a hand through his hair in stress, Dustin breathing out while hanging his head down, him honestly having to put a hand on his chest.

"Don't ever do that to us again please." Steve says.

Max begins to look around, seeing everything as completely normal. Her eyes are wide in all shock, fear in confusion. She leans off Lucas slowly while she looks around. The grass is back green, the sun is in the sky and the sky is blue. There is no red fog, no thundering in the sky and no thick black clouds. "What..." she breaths a little while looking around more, her going to stand up while looking around, her looking up at the sky as well.

"Max?" Lucas questions, him going to stand up along with Steve and Dustin.

"There was....there was...the sky it was black and...and there was this...place and then..." She tries to explain. She looks down at her shaky hands, her frantically looking down at her jacket and jeans and not seeing any blood on her, her eyes wide while she feels around herself. "I was covered and blood and....and..."

"Max it's okay. Whatever it was you're not there anymore." Lucas assures, him going over to her and putting a hand on her shoulder.

Max jerks away while turning around to look at him with wide eyes, Lucas taken aback a little from the action. Max looks at him for a second before she looks around once again.