Chapter Sixty Nine

What if....Lucas was the controlling toxic Ex that Max hasn't seen for a year? (Come on we already KNOW what this about to be!)

Let me know if you all get butterflies.

***********************************************

Max wakes up to her alarm going off, her going to groan a little before turning her alarm off, ripping the covers away from her and going to get up.

She goes to feed her dog before going to get in the shower, doing her usual of shaving and using her different oils and scrubs before going to bathe, making her way out of the shower and going to moisturize and do her hair, going to straighten it after blow drying it.

She goes over to her closet, licking out a black pencil skirt that comes a little above her knees, putting on a black tank top before putting on a white thin blouse over it, buttoning it up before tucking it into her skirt and going to put on a waist belt over it, putting on her white opened toed heels.

She goes to do her makeup before looking at herself in satisfaction and with a smile. She has worked hard and got a management position in the department she works in, good work and good pay causes for a good life. Max isn't rich but she isn't poor either, her enjoying her stable life.

After she is done she leaves out of her house, her going to get in her car. She curses to herself when she gets stuck in traffic, her going to grab her phone out of her bag, going to dial a number.

"Good morning Ma'am."

"El how many times do I need to tell you to stop calling me Ma'am?" Max questions.

"I'm sorry, I keep forgetting."

"It's okay, I actually like you unlike most people so you can call me Max." Max tells her. "Look I'm just letting you know that I'm currently stuck in traffic so I don't know when I am going to be there. Can you run a list through my schedule?"

"Yes so you have back to back meetings until five but you also have a ten o clock interview. You know the new candidate for the Sales Committee position since Robert left."

"Oh yes!" Max remembers. "Crap I may be a little late but tell Gwen it's fine I can handle it."

"Okay I'll let her know."

"Thanks El."

"You're welcome Ma'am—I mean Max."

Max shakes her head with a smile while hanging up, her leaning her elbow on the car door while she waits in traffic, cars being seen slowly moving every now and again.

After what seems like forever Max finally makes it out of traffic, her able to get to the ten floor building. She goes to make her way out of the car, putting her purse straps over her shoulder before putting on her lanyard with her work ID on it, her hovering the barcode over the reader and the door opening.

Max makes her way inside, her waving and greeting the workers as they wave at her, Max making her way to the elevator and going to go to her floor where her office is, her making her way out of the elevator and going to walk down the long hallway.

"Hey Max!"

"Hey good morning Max!"

"Hiya Max!"

"Max looking good!"

"Good morning guys! Thank you." Max smiles. She enjoys being the nice boss, her employees in her department feeling more comfortable with her and them able to approach her more easier. When she got in this position she definitely didn't want to be one of those bosses that always barked orders and was absolutely rude, she wanted to be understanding but firm, and since she has gotten the respect of all of her employees and the respect is mutual it is exactly like that, them working hard but having fun at the same time.