Chapter Eighteen

What if....Max had to sit on Lucas lap for a planned road trip? (Fluff and Smut)

*******************

Max wakes up to her alarm that goes off on her nightstand, her groaning and slapping the alarm off. She rolls onto her back, her wiping her eyes before she opens them. She looks at her clock, seeing that it reads five in the morning.

She groans once again while she puts her pillow over her face, knowing sooner or later she is going to have to get up and she already snoozed three different times. She should be excited, she wishes she was jumping up off of her bed but as much as she needs a good vacation she is also not a morning person at all.

Despite that she still rips the covers away from her, her shivering from the cool air that flows about and her grabbing her clothes she set out the night before and making her way into the bathroom, making sure she has all of her things accounted for in the bathroom before she closes the door and locks it, turning the water to the hot side before she gets in the shower.

And the more she lets the water run down her face and her body the more she feels her exhaustion leave her and her excitement begin to come in more, a little smile forming on her face. It was Nancy and Jonathan's idea for them to take a vacation. Everyone jumped on board as soon as she mentioned the idea at one of Karen's family dinners, well at the least the younger ones. Steve and Robin decided to come along too, them deciding to go to San Antonio in Texas.

And it is time she also gets to spend with Lucas too. Ever since everything happened they were grown especially close with one another. Max doesn't push Lucas or her friends away anymore and she talks to them, and she lets them help her and she must admit throughout the one year she has been doing that she is more happier now.

But things have been busy, with school and also new jobs since it is Junior going into senior year and they are ready to start their own lives. For the past few months it has been nonstop, really just Lucas and Max talking on the phone really, them seeing each other still at school and time to time after school hours but not as much as they would like to.

That changes today.

Because today is the first day of Summer break then after Summer it is to senior year. But for now it is summer and that is all Max is worried for, a time for much needed break that they all need.

Max goes to shave and bathe herself and wash her hair before she makes her way out of the shower, using her watermelon and lavender scented body lotion and putting around herself before she puts on her undergarments first then her high rise yellow shorts then her yellow and black shirt sleeved stripped shirt that hugs her upper frame, her making sure the shirt is under her shorts. She brushes her teeth and washes her face, blow drying her ginger hair and putting it in a low ponytail.

She makes her way out of the bathroom, going to her closet to take out her black high rise vans with white shoe lashes, putting them on and tying them up, her yawning as she checks her two suitcases to make sure everything is accounted for.

"Max you awake sweetie?!" Susan questions.

"Yeah!" Max says back. She goes into the bathroom to put her body wash and lotion and her other essentials into her suitcase and grabs her blanket before she makes her way out of her room with her suitcases.

"Ready to go?" Susan asks while she has her keys in her hands.

"Yeah." Max responds. She makes her way out of the door with Susan and she goes to put her suitcases in the trunk, her getting in the passenger side while Susan gets in the drivers side, her beginning to drive to Karen's house.