Chapter Seventy Eight

What if....Lucas surprised Max with something she very much needed and wanted after the whole Vecna situation? (Fluff and Light Angst) (Continues after chapter seventy seven)

*************************************************

Erica gets done making her sandwich and chips, her rolling her eyes as she makes her way up the stairs, hearing Sue and Charles yelling at each other in their room, her going to close her door and lock it, going to turn on music in her room, her putting her plate on her bed and going to take out her Nintendo.

She looks towards her phone when it rings, her picking up the telephone and going to put it to her ear. "Erica Sinclair, and I swear to god if you are a goddamn telemarketer I will come and find you and haunt your existence until you decide you actually want to become a ghost."

"Okay...." Lucas trails off a little bit, his shoulder being leaned on the plexiglass, him being in the phone box in front of the diner him Max and the others are at for brunch. "It's just me Erica."

"Oh hey Lucas."

"Hey. I'm sorry I didn't call until now I got to Hawkins at like four in the morning and I was tired."

"You better be sorry." Erica responds. "But I'm kidding you're fine." She goes to sit down on her bed. "How are you?"

Lucas sighs a little bit. "I'm good now since I'm here with Max. How are you?"

"Trust me I'm all fine."

"Erica I feel bad just leaving you there."

"Don't feel bad, because I'm fine." Erica responds. "Truly I am. They decided to ground me but since when did grounding ever stop us from sneaking out?"

Lucas laughs. "Yeah you're right about that."

"I do promise you I'm fine. You have your goals to start your life I have mine. I'll be fine Lucas, I just want you to be fine."

Lucas smiles. "Me too. Just please promise me if they get to much, or being there gets to much you call me, and I will be on a plane to get you. Okay promise me."

"I promise." Erica nods. "You just promise me you'll talk to Max, and not hold anything in like she used to do."

"Yeah I promise." He responds. "And to keep to that promise honestly I'm sad, I'm sad they don't understand Erica but at the same time I'm so pissed at them. They've done a lot for us and that's why I'm sad but at the same time they are just not getting it."

"Some people just need to be taught the hard way Lucas. They'll soon figure it out when they see that you are serious about moving." Erica replies. "Right now they feel like in a few days or weeks you are going to be coming back, prove them wrong, and they'll soon figure it out."

Lucas nods his head, him looking behind him when a knock is heard on the door, Max smiling softly at him with a wave. "Okay, thank you Erica. I'll call you later okay?"

"Alright just do it before eight because I won't be home then."

"Alright." Lucas replies before hanging up the phone, him opening the door. "Hey."

"Hey everything okay?" Max questions.

"Yeah I was just calling Erica to check up on her."

Max nods her head. "You wanna talk about it?"

Lucas smiles softly at her. "Later, I promise. For now let's enjoy brunch with our friends."

"Okay." Max replies, both of them going inside of the restaurant with joint hands.