An Ice Wall

Pushing the curtains back I saw Rumple standing behind one of the counters. He sat down a rag , sending me a smile. "Hey, honey. How did you sleep?"

"Good until my phone started blowing up with calls from my dad. Apparently power is out all over town." I replied seeing that it was early in the morning. So we hadn't turned the lights on just yet.

He nodded locking eyes with me seeing me shifting foot to foot. Which was a tell for when I was nervous. "What's bothering you, lass?"

"Nothing." I quickly replied back.

"Astrid." He trailed off in a warning tone with a raised brow in my direction knowing I was lying.

Throwing my head back I leaned my elbows on the glass countertop. "Fine! The truth is I am worried about how my parents and sister will react, you know."

"Astrid, they gave me your blessing to marry you. So I don't think you have anything to worry about." He reassured me by intertwining my hands with his before my phone rang for the sixth time.

Putting the phone up to my ear I knew it was my father. "Hey dad. What's going on?"

"Can you meet us at the town line. We think something is
happening at the town line." He asked through the phone.

Hanging up I grabbed my coat looking to my husband. "Yeah we're on our way."

He grabbed his cane holding his hand up waving his fingers motioning to use magic. "Do you want my way?"

"Sure." I agree with letting him use magic. He engulfed us in a cloud of purple smoke where we appeared a mere ten minutes earlier than my sister and our father.

Hook suddenly came out from the bushes noticing us. "In case you were wondering, it goes the whole way 'round."

Dad scoffed. "Hook, I didn't know you were joining us."

Hook responded back looking at my sister. "I get a distress call from a fair maiden, and I'm on the spot."

"How generous of you, pirate." Rumple dryly chuckled standing beside me.

Emma crossed her arms over her chest. "I was not distressed, and you're saying this wall goes around what... The whole town?"

Hook nodded, making my father trail off. "So, once again, we can't leave Storybrooke."

"Doing more than keeping us inside, by the looks of that. Guess that's what caused the loss of power." The pirate points toward some knocked down power lines.

Emma seemed impressed by his words. "Look at you becoming a 21st-century man. Yeah. It looks to me like whoever was putting up the wall wasn't trying to take out the lights. They were just putting up the wall."

Our father raised a brow. "To keep us in... Why?"

Hook shrugged his shoulders looking in our direction. "Kill us all one by one. It's what I'd do....what about you crocodile?"

Leaving my husband's side I slowly walked up to the wall bending down on a knee feeling cold wind brush over me. "Second date? Did I miss the first?" Listening in my sister's conversation I didn't bother looking over my shoulder.

"Aye. The snow monster's the first. Ice wall's the second. After all, if I only count the quiet dinners, we wouldn't even get one." Hook admitted where I reached forward brushing my hand and feeling ice touch my fingertips.

Emma left, coming to inspect the wall alongside me. "I think I see something by the wall. You wait here with your ice bucket while I check that out."

Dad got into protective mode. "I think it's time. You and I have a little talk about your intentions with my daughter."