🧪Thirty five🦠

The cabin was small but spacious enough to fit the thirteen of them comfortably. There were three decently sized bedrooms, one bathroom, a small vintage kitchen and a large living room with a fireplace attached to it. The interior and architecture of the cabin as a whole clearly had a very strong American influence, it gave off those winter cabins in the woods kind of vibes.

For the most part the cabin was empty in regards to food and other important necessities they needed. There were a few mouldy pieces of fruit and other food items lying around the kitchen which attracted a swarm of flies and other bugs. Jeonghan held his nose and tried not to gag as he threw the mouldy food outside, the air in the cabin instantly becoming more breathable and pleasant to the nose.

Jihoon, Soonyoung, Seungcheol and a few others were gathered around the dining table next to the kitchen. They were all extremely stressed and weren't sure what to do next, they didn't have any food, any maps, any first aid supplies or computers. They had nothing and they felt defeated that they had to start all over again, but now there was low chance of finding anything useful as most places would have been scavenged by now. Jihoon sighed and looked over to Seungkwan who was standing next to a closed door, his shoulders falling in defeat.

"She's still not answering?" He asked causing the younger boy to turn around and shake his head. Y/n had locked herself in one of the three bedrooms and refused to come out, not answering anyone who knocked on the door. Inside the room, she was laying on the bed, hugging her knees to her chest. She felt guilty, very guilty. The room was dark and she stared at the wall in front of her, her eyes unfocused as she was deep in thought. She felt like a burden to everyone around her and couldn't help but think that everything bad that had happened so far was her fault. She didn't want to see or talk to anyone, thinking that it would be best if she kept her distance from them.

"I'm worried about her..." Seokmin sighed as he took a seat at the table, resting his chin on the palm of his hand. Seungcheol usually worried a lot about his sister but he looked unbothered by the current situation. He hadn't tried to knock on the door or speak to his sister once, remaining at the dining table while the others failed at trying to get the girl to come out.
"She's stubborn but she'll come out eventually so don't worry" Seungcheol reassured. Seokmin seemed to visibly relax at his words and nodded. Seungkwan gave up at trying and sat himself down on the couch in front of the fireplace in defeat.

"What are we going to do?" Joshua asked, breaking the silence that suddenly filled the room. The room went silent again for a few seconds.
"I guess we make a new map and try and find places to find supplies around here and go from there..." Soonyoung replied.
"We can't keep doing this.." Jihoon mumbled. Everyone looked his way,
"Well we need to find food and try and get things back to normal like they were at the warehouse" Seokmin interjected.
"You think living like that was normal???" Mingyu spoke up, his voice agitated.
"Things have changed, we can't go back to that now..." he said, his voice getting progressively quieter. His eyes found the floor as he thought about his best friend that wasn't able to make it out of the warehouse. He didn't want to move on and go back to 'normal'.

"He's right...we wouldn't be able to live like that for long anyway, we need to find help or a way to get out of the country or at least somewhere that isn't like this, somewhere that's still like the normal world" Jihoon said.
"How do we do that? it's not like we have any way of communicating or contacting anyone to ask for help and when this all started they made it clear no one was coming to help us" Vernon said. Soonyoung glanced over at Junhui and once he caught his attention he asked,
"are you able to get into contact with anyone that could help?". Junhui thought for a moment,
"I would be able to hack into international systems but I can't do that without a computer and decent internet connection, neither of which we have so no..." he answered which caused a few dejected sighs around the room.

They knew they couldn't continue living like this, but they didn't know what else they could do.