6

As I made my way out of the diner I stole another glance at the human

They're back again.

I thought to myself, as I continued on my way, the snow made the usual crunch sound underneath my feet.

This is shit.

They've been the cause of so many innocent lives lost, and at the same time, so many saved.

I scuffed my foot along the snow as I pulled towards my home. The air I breathed out floated up in a cold cloud of moisture.

They have never before needed my help. It's like they forgot how to prepare for unexpected things, They are usually ready for anything when they come down here with something able to destroy monsters with.

I can't trust them with anyone alone. Anything could be in that backpack theirs.

I sighed as I made it to the foot of my homes stairs. "Looks like I have to keep an eye socket on 'em" said quietly. I looked up at the houses joyous nature and smiled at it but it quickly fell as I asked myself "Why did I invite that thing to come over?" I shook my head at my idiocy and climbed up the stairs.

Before opening the door, I sighed to myself again, I knew why...

0=[]::::::::>

Grillby had asked you to help him walk this one drunk monster home. (much to your surprise it was not the bunny) you had reluctantly accepted, after all, he couldn't help anyone walk unless they didn't mind third degree burns.

The drunk was a purple cactus thing, it had three eyes, one on each limb and was wearing a big brown shirt.

Luckily they didn't have spikes, so when they stumble it won't hurt as much at could.

You grabbed your sweaters which were both now toasty warm and threw them over your head to cover your body, along with Ike's toque on your head. Grillby lent you mittens as well.

With that the three of you went out into the storm, Grillby was only there to warm you and the drunk.

The farther you went in this town, the more strangely familiar it felt, as if the farthest reaches of your mind was trying to tell you something, you really couldn't seem to place a finger on it.

But it felt off, it was dark and... insane and... terrifyingly comfortable.

The cold wind whipped around and tore at you and Grillbys clothing but you trudged through the snow anyway. "There's MA house." the purple monster mumbled, they were literally made no effort to walk and possibly help you out, you had to drag them on you back to get them to move.

You walked up to a house and knocked on the round door, the purple monster sighed in content "Ahh..." they kept doing this every time you knocked. Weirdo.

Grillby and you decided that he was the only one that lived there. So like anyone would do, you both kicked the door in. You dragged the heavy monster and ploped them on their couch, while Grillby put his hand in the fireplace and started a lovely fire.

You and Grillby smiled down at the monster.

"So you wanna leave or...?" you asked impatiently, the flamey man nodded quickly and walked out, setting the door back up against the frame and melted it shut. Hey this guy has windows! So it's not like he's trapped!

You and Grillby started your walk back to the restaurant, his fire lit the way and was pleasantly warm, it evaporated the snow just above him. The soft glow against the snow made you feel content.

You looked around and noticed through the puffy white snow flakes there was a house with what looked like Christmas decor. But there was a white void on the houses front deck. It moved around a bit. You felt your curiosity raise as you gazed at it, you had even stopped walking and just stood there in the cold.

It went back and forth, almost like it was pacing, but a sudden haunting blue light cut through the white veil that impaired your vision.

You gasped and stumbled back, tripping backwards and falling into the snow, frantically scrambling away, keeping your eyes locked on it.

You knew that light, you had seen it before. It was filled with pain, vengeance and hatred. It scared you.

Grillby only then noticed you absence, he looked back at your terrified figure scrambling to get away from something. He didn't know what.

He ran towards you alarmed and his flames burned brighter, he said in front of you and tried to spot what you were looking at but saw nothing, his fire died down as he looked back at your fear stricken self sat there in the snow. He sighed, pushed his glasses back up onto his face and continued on his way, then he waited for you to catch up.

You watched him look back at you and then quickly looked back to where the blue light once was, but it was gone along with the white void.

You looked back at Grillby and stood up, shaking the snow off of yourself, and ran to catch up with the flame man. "It was blue..." you muttered, he only nodded "and it stared into my soul." you said with a shiver.

Grillby looked down at you amused and made a strange sound "oooOOoo!" he wriggled his flames fingers around, making fun of you.

You frowned and punched his arm making him laugh even more, his shoulders shook and his eyes thinned out. He looked like he was laughing loudly, but the sound he made was much quieter.

Wait... you punched him, and didn't get burned! Just then you realized his clothes kept him from burned you.

Your jaw dropped open and you shoved him away angrily "You could've helped carry that guy this whole time?!" his quiet sounds of laughter became slightly less quiet as his while body trembled in laughter.

You leaned against him as you began to laugh too, your hand on your forehead "you're such a jerk!" you laughed as he almost fell over.

When you thought about it, Grillby was a pretty good guy, he reminded you a lot of Ike. And that comforted you.

Your laughing slowed down as you leaned over and hugged his side. He looked taken aback and looked around as if what was happening was socially unacceptable, but after he realized you weren't letting go he decided it wasn't that bad and pulled his sleeves over his hot hands and hugged you back kindly with a happy little smile. You both knew that you were just the friends you both needed.

______

Sans watched the whole thing, pretty confused that Grillby was being so open and okay with physical contact. Sans felt scared for him, in fact he was scared for everyone in Snowdin.