37

Sans got up immediately, stumbling a bit "Pap!" He said shocked as Papyrus scooped him up in a hug "SANS!! I'VE MISSED YOU!!!" He cheered happily. Then a familiar pair of wings and a sad expression poked out of Papyrus' scarf. Your heart leaped in joy, but then dropped once again to see both of them here instead of with Alphys, which either meant they were here to visit, or fight...

Whimsun floated towards you happily "Y/n!" She smiled gently and hugged your face lovingly, you were in shock "Whimsy..!" You said, trying to convince yourself she was actually here but at the same time trying to tell yourself she wasn't. You looked to Sans who was frowning at the ground then looked to you, both equally shocked, but he seemed to be terribly angry. "Uhh, w-what are you both doing here?" You asked, hoping they weren't going to say fighting.

Papyrus spoke up, Sans still in his arms, but he seemed to forget he was there because he pointed to the air and put a hand on his hip, with angry Sans being held like a football. You couldn't help but think it was adorable.

"WELL Y/N!! ME AND WHIMSUN WANTED TO COME SEE YOU AND SANS, SO WE DECIDED WE'D COME AND VISIT!!" He said extremely loudly, but those words made both you and Sans relax.

Until Whimsy started to talk as well "y-yeah, and we didn't even know y-you both were here wh-when we first came to f-f-fight, until that f-fish lady said you b-b-both were here. Pretty lucky... I-I think anyway..." she said sweetly and floated back, Your heart dropped once again, but this time it felt like it fell to your feet.

Both you and Sans turned your glares to Undyne who sighed and walked forward. Owning up to it. "To be fair I told Papyrus he and his little friend had to leave because I'd never forgive myself if something happened to him and Sans would probably hurt me." She said sincerely, then turned angry with a frustrated look on her face "But then he saw you guys and just fricken ran!!"

Sans groaned and squirmed out of Papyrus' hold and onto his feet. "Papyrus, you shouldn't be here." He said with a slight laugh, not completely convinced that his brother was actually here and ready to fight. The tall skeleton tilted his head "WHY NOT? I HAVE MADE SURE FOR MANY MONTHS THAT I AM ROYAL GUARD MATERIAL!! I AM LOYAL, TRUSTWORTHY, HAVE A SPECIAL ATTACK, AND READY TO BE POPULAAAR!!!"

You looked to Whimsum who nodded politely along with him "yeah, h-he said that was a-about all one n-n-needs to be a-a-a a royal guard! And all th-the guards are ready to fight!" She whispered shyly, uncomfortable that people were looking at her and sunk down a bit. You frowned "But Whimsy, do you want to be a royal guard?"

The question seemed to take her off guard, it seemed as though she hadn't thought about what she wanted "U-Um... I-I uh..." She shook as she looked to Papyrus, who gave her a thumbs up. "Y-Yes. I do!" She said, with as much confidence she could muster. But even so, it wasn't all that convincing. You frowned at her and she started to shake under your stare, but you didn't care, you weren't going to let her risk this in a fight she could never fight in.

"Whimsun." You said coolly "you don't understand." You looked to Papyrus "Neither of you do. What we're up against isn't a run of the mill robber who may have just accidentally stole a block of butter from Grillbys." You growled lowly. She blinked confused and intimidated.

Papyrus started to talk with a big knowing smile "OF COURSE I KNOW THAT, THERE WOULD ONLY BE TWO PEOPLE SENT FOR SOMETHING LIKE THAT, THIS HAS TO BE SOMEONE INTENTIONALLY STEALING AND HAS TO BE WAY MORE VALUABLE, THEN ONCE WE CATCH THEM WE'LL GET WHAT THEY HAVE TAKEN BACK THEN MAKE UP AND GO FOR SOME NICE CREAM!!!" He said proudly.