10

-•-- --- ••- -•• --- -• --- -
••- -• -•• • •-• ••• - •- -• -•• •-- •••• •- -
-•-- --- ••- •••• •- •••- • -•• --- -• •

You sighed and scratched under the hat to your head. Turning on your heels you walked away from the house and pulled a bit on the thick strings Ikes hat, pulling on them had surprisingly quickly started to become a nervous tick.

You slumped your backpack on the ground, opened it up and looked inside to see if your ukulele was still okay, a smile played along your lips as to see it was perfectly fine.

As you reached your hand inside to grab it you felt a threatening presence. An odd feeling washed over you, a feeling of... being watched. You made sure not to make any sudden movements then immediately you thought that it was either Froggit or Sans, because neither of them seem too happy with you yet.

Froggit won't look away if you spot him glaring, but you weren't sure about Sans yet. So, your head swiftly turned towards Sans' home, your eyes jumping to each window.

He wasn't there.

You looked back towards Froggit. But he was occupied with quite a bit of snow being thrown his way.

"That's strange." you muttered, feeling a bit creeped out. But you didn't let it get to you. Standing straight up and looking around you scanned the area for Whimsun.

"Whimsy!" you called out her head perked up and looked your way while fluttering over a little snow war going on between Papyrus and a tall red monster with a scarf.

She whisked herself over "Y-Yes Y/n?" you smiled at her gently. She was so precious and lovable, you were glad she made another friend, The Great Papyrus!

"We're going to go now Whimsy." her little smile fell and she looked as sad as ever "R-Really? Oh... okay."
Papyrus smile seemed less genuine when he walked over "Y-You're leaving already?" you nodded slowly "Well, I seem to have done what I wanted to here." the three of you looked towards the house that had multiple spot of snow on it and a half eaten granola bar on the ground by it "More or less..."

"B-BUT! WE BARLEY GOT TO SHOW OFF OUR AMAZING DUO POWER!!" Papyrus wailed and fell to his knees dramatically. Whimsun started to weep and srawled her little body on top of the lanky skeletons back "I-I'm so sorry P-Papy-rus" she hiccuped out as she struggled to get air inside her tiny body.

Papyrus then began to sob, as big wet tears dropped out of his eye sockets.

"What's going on over here?" Froggit hopped over, his weak skin had an alarming amount of snow on it and you actually started to worry for him, but you didn't make a big deal about it since he seemed fine with it "Are you two okay?" he asked tilting his oval shaped head.

"They're sad that we have to leave." you said, looking down at the frog monster. He frowned at the two of them "C'mon guys get a hold of yourselves!"

The area where Papyrus' eyes were widened drastically and he popped up to his feet amazingly quickly making Whimsun fall back into the fluffy snow with a light ploff "YOU'RE RIGHT LITTLE GREEN MONSTER!"

Froggits' eyes thinned out as he stared at the strange skeleton "I'm Froggi-"

"I CAN'T SHOW ANY WEAKNESS IF I HAVE ANY HOPES TO GET INTO THE ROYAL GUARD!" he interrupted and put a boney fist over the left side of his empty rib cage. "Way to g-go! Papy!" Whimsun put a shaky hand into the air.

You gazed down at Whimsun who lay on the ground and smiled, you knelt down beside her "Whimsy, do you want to stay here with Papyrus?"

Her eyes widened "N-No!" she looked over to papyrus then said "I-I mean I..." She let out a defeated sigh, avoiding your gaze "it's just that, I-I feel like I'm get-getting better at m-making friends... and this place has many friends to make! I'm already friends w-with Grillby and Papyrus." she started to shake and hid her thin eyes behind her little hands.

"Please d-don't think that I-I don't like you! O-Or Froggit!"

You looked over to Froggit who sat beside you, unsure what to do. You knew you were a mediocre comforter. But unfortunately, Froggit didn't know how since he was not the most sensitive person in the world either.

So you took a leap of faith "Whimsy, it's fine! You need to cut yourself some slack, we all need to choose our own paths. Including you." you put your hand on her back as carefully as you could. She peeked up over her little hands, wary of her movements. "You choose what you think is best, and we'll all be behind you. I understand what you want and I respect the path you've chosen. The right way can be hard, but you can get much more out of it." you were shocked at your own words, they spoke with wisdom beyond your years. Like you'd actually experienced this type of problem many times.

You smiled and spread your arms out "And look at all these people around you! You are easily the kindest being I've ever met! Out of humans and monsters so you'll have no problem becoming friends with them." She looked around with a faint smile at the many monsters, happily laughed, romping and rolling through the snow.

But a sudden frown crossed over her face and she looked back up at you "B-But, what about you? You w-were the first friend I've ever made! I don't know how!" you looked at with a confused smile "What're you talking about? You were the one who approached me first! You covered my face so it wouldn't get frost bite! You made me want to be friends with you!" you gave her a pat on the back.

She started to cry.

Oh no! No! I was so gentle! I was so careful!

But strangely enough, she was smiling. The biggest and most genuine smile you'd ever seen on her, she hugged your chest laughing loudly and crying "Thank you! Thank you Y/n! Than you!"

If warmed you heart and you felt the most accomplished you've ever felt in a long time. A soft smile slayed out and you hugged her back "Don't worry Whimsun! I'll come back!" she nodded with the smile still plastered on her face.

She backed away, tears being wiped away but her smile stayed. And to your surprise, you could see her eyes, they were a dark brown, almost like chocolate.

You didn't even know she had eyes. But they seemed filled with happiness, hope, and something else...

Determination!

++ ++ ++ ++ ++

You waved goodbye to Whimsun with her new found boldness and Papyrus with a new found friend.

As you and Froggit left the little town, the distractions from your grief were gone. Ike came back into mind, you would live for him, just like he told you to, but you knew you were going to kill that damn flower. The fire that had resided deep in your gut flamed up again. Hatred flared in your mind and bubbled in your heart.

You knew this fire was something that could be used to your advantage. It seemed to take away your consciousness and just let your body do what the flame wanted.

You watched the snow covered ground as you walked, then over to a few monsters talking and laughing.

You looked to your hands then them. "Y/n! What're you doing?" Froggit's voice pulled you back from zoning out. Before you knew it you had were running at them. You skid to a stop, confused. You looked down at yourself, making sure you were conscious only to notice one thing out of place.

Your nails, they were sharp to the touch. But just as you noticed that it was there, it disappeared and they went back to normal.

You looked back up at the monsters you were running at, they hadn't seemed to notice you yet.

You looked back to Froggit, who was watching you closely and looked a bit wary.

Fear poked at your heart as you stared at your hands again, but you shook it off and kept on your journey with froggit soon following. A little bit of nervousness and uncertainty of the fresh flame washed over you.

You tried not to think about the flower anymore, it hurt, it was still an open wound.