Chapter 4

A/N: Tis on impulse that I have posted this. I'll edit it later.

Dynamight looked at the coffee with a suspicion level that is both understandable and pissed me off. I put it down and slid it toward him. He backed up a bit with narrow eyes. He glanced at the coffee and then at me.

"What is this?"

"Heard you liked coffee."

"Bullshit. What's in it?

"Black coffee with two teaspoons of sugar and a little mystery spice by the barista. Supposedly she remembered your order when the last barista got it."

I'm gonna choose to not say that she also gave me a look of pity and didn't charge me for the coffee

We stared at each other for a long moment before I sighed.

"I can begrudgingly accept hating cilantro but wasting coffee?" I tsked under my breath.

He rolled his eyes and took it, not a thank you or gesture of appreciation in sight. Prick. Before I could even exit Dynamight's office I saw my manager walking up to me with a determination and tightness to his smile that set me on edge. I glanced at Dynamight who went back to his computer unbothered.

"Excuse me Dynamight, I'm going to borrow her for a while."

Dynamight waved us off. I followed behind the eerily silent Mr. Kakimori. Once we got into the meeting room, he booked it for an hour then sat down and sighed deeply. After watching me squirm for a couple of minutes he leaned forward.

"I got an interesting call." He said in a low voice. "And I'm hoping there's some sort of mistake but supposedly we're behind on a commercial shoot because you left early."

"Dynami-"

"What did we hire you for?"

"To assist Dynamight," I answered. "But-"

He silenced me with a sharp hiss.

"And?"

"And to...make the agency money?"

"So please tell me how being forced to compensate for the extra studio time to shoot the rest of the commercial makes us money."

"I can't force Dynamight to work. I tried to convince him."

"You're responsible for making sure he completes his obligations! Mr. Takamura informed me you wasted his time by double booking as well. We just built our relationship with him!" He screamed at me, causing me to jump.

"Ebi just let me know that the contract could strain our relationship with Crimson Sportswear. But strictly on paper, those two products don't overlap-"

"So it's Ms. Ebi's fault?"

"No, I'm just explaining-"

"All I'm asking is for you to think a bit more. Use your common sense. Is that too hard of an ask?"

"No, but I'd like a guide for how contracts are decided to prevent stuff like this in the future. Other rules I should know about. Records of past issues, anything."

"Y/N. It is common sense."

"It'll prevent future mistakes." I said through gritted teeth.

He sighed dramatically and leaned back for a moment.

"Ask. Ms. Ebi." He said before standing up.

My heartbeat pounded in my ears and my hands trembled as I clenched them into fists. Just before the manager left he turned toward me.