Chapter 12

Dynamight had to go undercover before I could fulfill my end of the bet. Which unfortunately actually gave me time to fulfill the conditions of the bet. I arranged his schedule for when he came back which unfortunately was going to be pretty stacked. I pushed the modeling events further back just in case Dynamight happened to get hurt.

The first day was a relief. No shenanigans or distractions. I actually ran out of things to do since things were planned so far ahead. The big strategy meeting (and Dynamight's intimidation whether I liked it or not) helped distribute the work among everyone which took a surprising amount of work off of me. I even got a little bored and started scrolling through the tags for our heroes to see what fans were saying about everything.

The next day, unfortunately, was not as peaceful. Mr. Kakimori must've heard that Dynamight was out for the next few days and called me into a meeting. I barely got to sit down before he started talking.

"I wanted to check in on the progress of the project?" He said.

"Things are going well-"

"Even with their absence for hero work?" He cut me off.

Ugh.

"Yes. We've planned a marketing strategy to highlight their accomplishments when they come back."

"That's if they have good news."

"I'm confident they'll come back successful." I said.

"We'll see. Where's the data comparing this quarter to last quarter in terms of campaign engagement and public relations revenue for the company?"

"You...didn't ask me for that?"

"I have to ask you to make a quarterly report when your department collaborates with marketing?"

It doesn't even sound like that would be a part of my job

"Sure I collaborate with marketing but it isn't marketing. I just keep the team updated on what we're doing." I argued back.

"The same team that is swamped because of your suggestion to change the Variety Show?"

"I'm also busy with-"

"Miss Y/N. I have to present the higher-ups with something." He sighed.

So that's what this is about.

"Didn't you already have a presentation recently?"

"They want a report as well."

"When do they want it?"

"By tomorrow."

"I won't be able to complete that for you if that's what you're asking."

Get fucked asshole.

"Why?" He said, his eyes narrowed.

"Because as you previously stated, the marketing team and I are incredibly busy ensuring this Variety Show's success and solidifying our relationship with Mr. Yashiro. I can ask the marketing team to send the information over for you so you don't have to seek it out yourself. As the face of the department, I think you know how best to organize and present the information" I said.

I'm not doing your work again you bastard.

"It shouldn't take that much time. This should be well within your abilities."

"I don't have the bandwidth," I said. "If you could handle my regular duties until I finish the report I would be glad to take this on for you."

He frowned and dismissed me with a wave. Dynamight will be gone tomorrow too which means Manager Asshat might take that as an opportunity to get on my ass more. I'd better make sure absolutely nothing falls by the wayside. I went back to my computer and double-checked everything. I even was proactive and made some calls to check in on things. Anything to look busy. I was cursing him out in my head but it wasn't the same.